Beer Laos now at seven (eleven.)

infinity11

Yes i had 2 darks from pattaya 7/11 last night. 56 baht.

Followed by many leo at bar walking st. 120 baht.

Guitar man named Lam Morison.....very good musician.

BTW any aussies tried COPPERS EXTRA? Dark beer very nice.

Have seen it in tesco.

why did sigha go down to 500 mil bottles?, lots I know gave up on it after. Lao is not a bad price in Villa, 59 I think now.

For the same reason as others decreased the alcohol content. for the only purpose of hiding inflation and tax increases.

6.5% ? I thought the latest limit was 6%.

Cheers Red is 6.5.

it is and cheaper than chang, red horse is a strong one too

Cheers Extra (the red one) as well as Red Horse had their alcohol content reduced to 6% for quite some time.

Cheers even goes the extra mile in cheating their customers by reducing the can size to 490ml.

I hope it comes to Chiang Rai 7/11's. I have to pay 70฿ at the deli here.

That version is the export one, slightly different.

Bangkok residents should try Ikeas's brews. You wouldn't think they'd make good beer, but it's really good!

• Like 1

Yes i had 2 darks from pattaya 7/11 last night. 56 baht.

Followed by many leo at bar walking st. 120 baht.

Guitar man named Lam Morison.....very good musician.

BTW any aussies tried COPPERS EXTRA? Dark beer very nice.

Have seen it in tesco.

All bottled beers are full of chemicals to preserve it, if you want to taste beer laos at its best then go to LAOS AND DRINK THE DRAUGHT!!

Not true. Most bottled beer is not filled with chemical preservatives.

Hops is a natural preservative, it's why it was introduced to beer.

The reason keg beer tastes different than bottled beer is the bottled beer is pasteurized.

• Like 1

Lao dark is a horrible beer to get pissed on. Bad hangover, and bad residual taste in mouth. And, in any event, Guinness is so far superior there's no contest. Cheapest is Red Lion, Night Bazaar at 190bt a pint.

Really good dark beers, but more expensive are Erdinger and other German brews, even Leffe dark at some outlets like the 'beer terminals' at the bus station complex. Of course, depends if you're on a budget.

What would be a good alternative at a similar price range, but not sold here is Amstel Bock (never seen it outside Africa) or San Miguel dark (Go to Philippines).

Lao dark is a horrible beer to get pissed on. Bad hangover, and bad residual taste in mouth. And, in any event, Guinness is so far superior there's no contest. Cheapest is Red Lion, Night Bazaar at 190bt a pint.

Really good dark beers, but more expensive are Erdinger and other German brews, even Leffe dark at some outlets like the 'beer terminals' at the bus station complex. Of course, depends if you're on a budget.

What would be a good alternative at a similar price range, but not sold here is Amstel Bock (never seen it outside Africa) or San Miguel dark (Go to Philippines).

San Miguel Dark was on a promotion 2 weeks ago at Mulligans, Suk Soi 11.

Happy for you beer drinkers....but may I register my drinks issue while we're at it?

OK, here's the deal. Chang makes the best soda water, bar none, in the whole world. I speak as a sparkling water aficionado. You can have your Pellegrino, Tipperary, or whatever favorite you have but, imo, Chang's soda water cannot be topped.

Here's my issue, however. I spend only a few months a year in Thailand. Just enough to re-ignite my Chang addiction. But then when I must leave to go elsewhere, I NEVER can find Chang. Not anywhere else in Asia, or the rest of the world.

Do they have a strict No Export policy, or what?

San Miguel Dark was on a promotion 2 weeks ago at Mulligans, Suk Soi 11.

I'm in Chiang Mai. But good to know it's reached BKK.

What are you on about? I have seen Chang in Australia, Germany and Laos. I'm pretty sure they also got it in Cambodia.

Chang sponsors the Everton Football Club in the English Premier League so I guess they sell it over there also.

Great news!! Thank you for that.

Lovely drop, better than any Thai beer (I'm not knocking Thai beer, I've drunk a fair bit of it over the years, but Singa gives me headaches and Chang is rough. Leo is very drinkable., but comapared to the Lao beer, it's not in the race).

• Like 1

There is also no comparison between Guinness and Lao Dark, because Guinness is a stout, the other a dark lager

• Like 2

All bottled beers are full of chemicals to preserve it, if you want to taste beer laos at its best then go to LAOS AND DRINK THE DRAUGHT!!

Might be a bit difficult & expensive if one lives in LOS, don't you think ?

Not seen it in any Bkk 7/11 how anyone can drink Leo I can't understand, you'd have to be drunk first.

very simple !

After the BIG cheating from Singha to reduce the Big bottle to 500ml,

but keep price up as for BIG,

I never ever again have choose any Singha !

Leo and Carlsberg !

Used to buy it at Tops for 65 baht a bottle

until the lady at Tops told me about the

Makro price, the downer being you can

only buy it by the case at 1,000 baht plus

a go.

And as I tell the missus, once a case has been

opened it has to be consumed within two days.

Around my area of BKK, Beer Lao Pilsner and Dark usually are readily available at Foodland, Villa and larger Tops and Central supermarkets.

The dark is usually 5-10 baht more expensive per bottle than the pilsner.

As for 7/11, I haven't seen them yet in my local 7/11s. But, that said, I don't usually do my beer shopping at 7/11, given their past brand stocking habits.

I hope it comes to Chiang Rai 7/11's. I have to pay 70฿ at the deli here.

That version is the export one, slightly different.

Bangkok residents should try Ikeas's brews. You wouldn't think they'd make good beer, but it's really good!

+1

The dark beer at IKEA is a tad expensive but (IMHO) far superior to any of the Laos, Thai, or even the German dark brews here. I believe it is a wheat beer, not a rice beer.

Beer Lao is massively overrated, probably because we (in Thailand) have a very restricted selection of beers from which to choose.

• Like 2

because we (in Thailand) have a very restricted selection of beers from which to choose.

You need to expand your sights and thinking a bit.. Times are changing as regards imported beers in Thailand.

Suggest you read the thread I'm linking here below, and in particular the post I'm specifically linking to.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/691531-british-real-ale-lovers-happy-christmas-from-villa-market/?p=9156012