Pakistani man wanted for theft in Phuket caught in Songkhla

webfact

Pakistani man wanted for theft in Phuket caught in Songkhla
Eakkapop Thongtub

1426762027_1-org.jpg
Paris Azeem was caught after police shared information about the crime on various social media channels.

PHUKET: Thanks to social media, a man from Pakistan who was wanted in Phuket on a theft charge was arrested in Songkhla.

Kathu police, led by Lt Col Suthichai Tienpo together with Songkhla police revealed the arrest of Paris Azeem, 21, who had an arrest warrant issued for him by Phuket Provincial Court on Tuesday (March 17) for theft after dark.

The case for which the warrant was issued occurred at the Alfresco Hotel on Phrameita Rd in Patong between 7pm on Sunday (March 15) and 4am on Monday (March 16).

This case has been shared widely online, and police have shared information on the suspect through the line application.

Police had asked for people to be on the lookout for the suspect and finally the investigation team caught the suspect with the help of Songkhla police.

Police said that after looking at CCTV from the hotel they believed it was Mr Azeem, a guests at the hotel, who had stolen keycards and keys to a number of rooms and safes of the hotel and burgled a total of nine rooms stealing various foreign currencies.

Mr Azeem had flown to Bangkok befere travelling to Songkhla where he was apprehended.

Mr Azeem is currently being held at Kathu police station to face his charges.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/pakistani-man-wanted-for-theft-in-phuket-caught-in-songkhla-51497.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-03-20

Surprisingly, very often the police can be efficient and resourceful. Its a pity all of them have to suffer with being tarred with the same brush over allegations of corruption, unreasonable bias and violence.

• Like 1

Surprisingly, very often the police can be efficient and resourceful.

I don't see why it should be surprising. Thai society is close-knit and fairly all-seeing, and Thai cops know exactly how to tap into that. They also get plenty of practice. Most of my dealings with police over the years have been here and in Japan, and in my experience the Thai ones tend to be a lot more street smart than the Japanese ones.

If there's a charge here in Thailand that can be laid as 'Theft after Dark' between 7 pm and 4 am What is the charge for 4 am to 7 pm; 'Theft in the daylight hours'? Shouldn't it just be classified as simply 'Theft'? Sorry for the dumb question. I'll bet the Chief of Police is happy, just look at all the Pakistani's mates lined up with him.

Edited by PlastikbinLina