Grenade lobbed at husband and pregnant wife

Thaivisa News

Saraburi: – Nong Khae police are checking into a grenade explosion which caused serious injuries for two victims, a husband and his pregnant wife.

Alerted by neighbours, police and the explosive ordnance disposal team went to investigate the scene at a rental room at Nong Khae three-way junction, Nong Khae district.

When police arrived at the scene, the victims had already been sent to the provincial hospital.

The scene checks uncovered fragments of exploded grenade. The bomb disposal technician identified the grenade as M-67.

Property damages caused by explosion included broken window panes. The six-wheeled truck parked nearby had a right window shattered by explosion impact.

At his hospital bed, Pawin Sawasdisuk, 40, told police that he was relaxing in the hammock while his wife Waen, 35, was sitting next to him in front of their room waiting for the night to cool down before going to bed.

Suddenly he heard a metal object dropped near his hammock right before a loud explosion.

He is receiving treatments for serious injuries on both legs.

He said his wife, who remains in the intensive care unit, is three-month pregnant and sustains serious injuries in the abdomen and thighs.

He said his wife takes care of the house while he works as independent service provider for cesspit emptying.

He would drive the truck, which was damaged by the explosion, to offer his services to residents in the district.

He said he had no idea on how and why he should be targeted for grenade attack.

He also stated that he was not aware of any business dispute or enemy.

' These ' people are absolute nutters. 28 years ago an off duty soldier from our village decided to see what effect a grenade would have when he pulled the pin at a village party. It exploded very close to my wife who still has severe scarring up to her waist. She was in an ICU unit for 6 months with her family unsure if she would live or die. She was 12 years old then. Six people also died as a result, two of whom were also soldiers ( and neighbours ) also on leave who threw themselves onto the grenade.

I'm sure it won't be long before it's linked to politics and that this was the work of the Reds, as they are the only people in the whole of Thailand to have access to grenades apparently.

Interesting it's an M67 that's standerd mil issue to the RTA as opposed to the RGD Russian types frequently used in all the other politically motivated attacks ?

• Like 1

So it gets down to business I think. This guy has been emptying cesspits he shouldn't be and his opposition in business were trying to eliminate him.

I think the police should be scouring through the cesspit opposition in the area with a an eye out for any unusual sh1t.

• Like 2

Any place in the west you'd have to think it was the head bangers, not always so in Sth East Asia , this is nearly a pastime , whether for kicks , revenge, political or from the head bangers brigade, you never know when or where and there are expats that are in Thailand not insured. coffee1.gif

I'm sure it won't be long before it's linked to politics and that this was the work of the Reds, as they are the only people in the whole of Thailand to have access to grenades apparently.

Interesting it's an M67 that's standerd mil issue to the RTA as opposed to the RGD Russian types frequently used in all the other politically motivated attacks ?

You reckon?

In Isan rural areas I know many Thais have a grenade or two at home. Easy enough for them to buy them. And yes, they do think a grenade is a good home security weapon.

As I'm sure you know, most of the guns used illegally in the UK originate from military sources. Same the world over.

• Like 1

Ha ha - you obviously see the connection and think pre-emption and decoy is the way to discourage it.

I think it was a red-shirt too. Probably not political - they just have the mentality to resort to things like this when they don't get their own way.

You reckon?

In Isan rural areas I know many Thais have a grenade or two at home. Easy enough for them to buy them. And yes, they do think a grenade is a good home security weapon.

As I'm sure you know, most of the guns used illegally in the UK originate from military sources. Same the world over.

Exactly the point I have been trying to make for a while sir.

Now let's have a think about this, Issan is by nature a very red area, how is that possible to have a majority of non Reds up there now, and saraburi is a long way to go to make a point, I'm sure there's plenty of opportunities for targets in Isaan to have a go at, the RTAF base for starters would be a good little headline grabber ?

I'm glad you're now acknowledging that such weapons are also in the hands of regular people, although nothing regular about keeping a cadburuys in their home. We used to call them (grenades) crowd pleasers as everyone was going to get a bit !! However not very appropriate here really given their use against protesters.

There are enough lunatics out there, ones with grenades take it to a whole new level!!!

Ha ha - you obviously see the connection and think pre-emption and decoy is the way to discourage it.

I think it was a red-shirt too. Probably not political - they just have the mentality to resort to things like this when they don't get their own way.

I know a few Thai women who would be up there with that assessment too!! ?

Any place in the west you'd have to think it was the head bangers, not always so in Sth East Asia , this is nearly a pastime , whether for kicks , revenge, political or from the head bangers brigade, you never know when or where and there are expats that are in Thailand not insured. coffee1.gif

Insurance probably would not cover it anyway, they would make up some excuse that it was an act of war, or something like that.

I'm sure it won't be long before it's linked to politics and that this was the work of the Reds

And your evidence for this assertion is what exactly? Kindly put up or shut up.

Thailand the Wild East. Those nice travel brochures don't tell you how dangerous the place is. Reminds me of Kingston, Jamaica; police walk around with bullet proof vests and machine guns. Just saying paradise ain't necessarily so!

Because this is the normal when a grenade attack happens, I take it you don't read much throughout the forums?

I could, if bothered cite a few folks here who automatically "assume" all grenade attacks are at the behest of rhe redshirts, if you followed many of my posts you'd have detected the sarcasm, it's almost a personal joke, but crack on with your asinine comments as I'll deffo not be shutting up, those who know me, know exactly where I was coming. From in my comments.

I'm sure it won't be long before it's linked to politics and that this was the work of the Reds

And your evidence for this assertion is what exactly? Kindly put up or shut up.

Are you familiar with the concept of stereotyping? Think of this like most people when they hear of carjacking in the states, they automatically assume it was Coloured peeps.

Think of it long the lines of a terrorist bomb going off in Holiday detinations, most automatically assume "radical Islam "

90 % of the time they are correct, but there's times when it's the opposite, this is what happens when you don't have the ability to think outside the box, you become so focused on all the past incidents it's just natural to keep making assumptions and you know what they say about these? ?

He said his wife takes care of the house while he works as independent service provider for cesspit emptying.
He would drive the truck, which was damaged by the explosion

Possibly a disgruntled neighbour upset about the parking arrangements for his truck... whistling.gif

On a more serious note, I do hope he, his wife and more importantly the unborn child pull through this.

Hope they get those responsible.

Edited by Basil B

Given the gossipy nature of the people in these areas, I find it difficult to buy into the story that there aren't any clues out there, or statements dropped over a cup of whiskey, which might provide a lead. This is simply too much to believe, that no one knows why, or even has an inkling. I submit that someone knows something, or suspects something, but will keep it to themselves until retribution is carried out. Just a guess, but more in line with the way these people operate within these tiny, close-knit communities. Justice seems to be carried out, outside of the local "law" and the police seem to be only there, three steps behind, to pick up the pieces when they are not occupied with their own agendas.

I really beleive you do not kno what you are talking about. "work of the Reds, as they are the only people in the whole of Thailand to have access to grenades"

I really beleive you do not kno what you are talking about. "work of the Reds, as they are the only people in the whole of Thailand to have access to grenades"

You're another one who didn't get the sarcasm in my post, based on previous such incidents. ;)