Easiest Visa Run from Chanthaburi?

yaely

Hi everyone,

We had entered Thailand Jan 29th, and now wish to use our second entry (no need for the 30-day extension). I guess this means we need to head out around March 27th or 28th?

And which border crossing would be the easiest, from Chanthaburi?

Thanks.

Two crossings from Chanthaburi province - Ban Pakkard and Ban Laem, both east of Pong Nam Ron on Highway 317. Both get used by visa run companies.

tumblr_mdscqmbF6X1r8w5s5o2_1280.jpg

Own transport? 317 to PNR and head east, well-signposted. I've found Ban Pakkard quicker, or maybe just struck it on a good day. More people and markets at Ban Laem.

Or Plan B - minivans run on the hour from near Robinsons in Chan city - over the Chantanamit Bridge from the city side, and to your right. Cost 100 baht each way (to Ban Laem), budget stuff you'll be sharing with people taking things to the border markets, but all part of the adventure. I've taken the 8am one, sorted the second part of a double-entry and about 40 min to spare before getting a 10am van back. Plab B+ Ask at same place for cost of a return taxi, it's about 45km to PNR and another 30 to the border. B- would be take bus from central Chan station to PNR and get a taxi from there. Would be the longest option time-wise

Plan C: Pattaya border run minivans will stop for someone from Chan, but won't go into the city you have to make your way to Sukhumvit #3 (Noen Soong intersection I've seen people waiting for pickup, 8km from city); and no discount for a shorter trip still about 2500b or whatever they now charge from Pattaya (transport plus their fees for visa/passport)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

If you're at Ban Laem next week...

15 December 2016

Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam to jointly hold walking street

A walking street will be jointly organised by Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam to promote border trade and enhance relations between the neighbouring countries. 

At the Maneechan Resort in Thailand, Chanthaburi Governor Witurad Srinam, Pong Nam Ron Chief District Officer, and the Chanthaburi border trade and tourism federation announced that the event will take place from December 22 -26 at the Baan Laem border checkpoint. 

The market will feature over 600 vendors with agricultural products, OTOP products, and goods and services from Thai SMEs, showcasing the quality of Thai products and attracting further trade agreements. 

The event will hold activities to commemorate the passing of King Bhumibol Adulyadej, as well as art and cultural exhibitions between the three countries.

20161215151042-1.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...