refusal of extension to stay BS

applied for my first extension of stay 4 weeks ago reason married to a Thai/supporting a Thai. all documents correct.

Went to immigration yesterday on the day stamped in passport to return by.

Was told by immigration officer they are waiting for one piece of paper and it hadnt come yet?

Waited till 4 and nothing came, told come back next week, officer told wife i will call, you if it comes.

Wife gets call today ( remember they are closed today Saturday)

he says Its didnt pass can we come meet him and take some photos????............reason, he says they are supposed to come and visit us at our house in that 30 day period and they govt didnt give them the money to pay for the gas to come see us.............Im calling BULLSHIT and will go back to the immigration office to see the boss Monday

This is the one immigration officer we saw the first time who was quite rude and WHY is he calling on a Saturday......well I can guess he wants some money and then miraculously it will pass next week.

Instead Im going to see his boss and ask why it hasnt passed.

Waddya think?

HUA HIN immigration

The paper they are waiting for is the approval from division 3 headquarters in Bangkok. That is sent by fax or email to them.

They know full well what is needed to get the approval. Did they have you provide a witness instead of doing a home visit?

I would go in Monday to see what is going on with your application.

The paper they are waiting for is the approval from division 3 headquarters in Bangkok. That is sent by fax or email to them.

They know full well what is needed to get the approval. Did they have you provide a witness instead of doing a home visit?

Yes the witness was provided on the day of application

I would suggest that you are right and money is what they want.

pretty sure this is just ONE individual who has already told us he is leaving in 4 weeks.

Oh and he also said can we meet him "near" immigration..................gosh he must think we are real dumb.of course he has seen the bank books and the Wifes salary so he knows what we have.

Edited by kannot

I would go and ask in a polite, non aggressive manner , what exactly is happening in relation to your application.

Going to see the boss there instead, this officer is a real obnoxious piece my Wife said he was also being quite rude to another guy in there this time.

If you go in there he is DESK 5 right opposite the seats, the woman next to him/behind is much better, seh told us last time go see the boss, and sure enough the boss sorted it, this was when he said the photos in our house didnt show "THE WHOLE" of the bed yet the officer next to him said it was fine.

Edited by kannot

Does this mean Im illegally in Thailand now? just wondering as Ive got this come back in 30 days stamp ie under consideration which is now one day past.

I have a non o which expires august 2015?

I mean do I have to exit for my 90 days?

That meets the requirements., Your approval will probably be done in a few days. Bangkok is sometimes slow to get the approvals done.

I think the officer was trying to shake you down.

Does this mean Im illegally in Thailand now? just wondering as Ive got this come back in 30 days stamp ie under consideration which is now one day past.

I have a non o which expires august 2015?

I mean do I have to exit for my 90 days?

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay until your extension is approved. The report back date is just the day to go back and check to see if it is done yet.

That meets the requirements., Your approval will probably be done in a few days. Bangkok is sometimes slow to get the approvals done.

I think the officer was trying to shake you down.

Yes hes using the two days in the weekend to screw some money out of us knowing full well it will pass in the next week, he will of course convince us that by meeting "near" immigration today that he will " guarantee" it will pass.

We can see from other officers that" he" is a problem there, maybe thats why he is leaving soon.

Thanks for the info UJ re "im not illegal"

One more thing.surely you are not notified by phone that you have been "refused"?

Edited by kannot

I had a phone call from an immigration "lady" asking for my UK divorce papers, I said I don't have them but I did to get wed in BKK, she said OK I will fix it but remember me.........whistling.gif

I hope u went to the boss proclaiming loudly "thats the bitch" laugh.png

I had a phone call from an immigration "lady" asking for my UK divorce papers, I said I don't have them but I did to get wed in BKK, she said OK I will fix it but remember me.........whistling.gif

I hope u went to the boss proclaiming loudly "thats the bitch" laugh.png

Noooooo, when I went to Immigration to collect stuff, she wasn't there........thumbsup.gif

I see you mentioned the Hua Hin immigration office if that is correct go back on Monday with your wife as requested be respectful show no anger As you go into office there if it hasn't changed it is small there is an older lady there I think she has an office on the right go to her ask her for help be polite she will bend over backwards if treated nicely Ask her what is going on with your paperwork ask her if you did something wrong and can she help correct it for. By not placing blame you can make things happen. Had friend go in get residency And he had well over 20 overstays. She knows all the inn's and outs. But the thing is you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar. Even if she isn't there doing as I said will get you what you want. I use it all the time don't get tickets or hassles and always get what I want or need.Even got a jetski scam artist arrested . Using same method I mentioned.

Wife is in BKK working she wont be able to come down again and is in fact not necessary I can phone her if needs be, Ill go in alone and ask to see the boss to help me "understand" the problem wink.png

I only get angry in private.

You do know its now almost on the beach next to the Palace now?

Edited by kannot

I understand that you are upset.

But I fear that if you go in Monday with the attitude you have expressed here, you will have a snowball's chance in hell of getting what you want.

I would be kind, courteous and cooperative.

But I guess that is up to you and how much you want to stay in Thailand.

Choke dee!

> Wife gets call today ( remember they are closed today Saturday)

> WHY is he calling on a Saturday......

I think most Immigration Offices are closed *to public* on Saturday

but that doesn't mean they are closed for those who are employed there.

I think it's still the case now at Jomtien/Pattaya by example.

A few years back they were even open to public on Saturday, for everything but extensions.

I understand that you are upset.

But I fear that if you go in Monday with the attitude you have expressed here, you will have a snowball's chance in hell of getting what you want.

I would be kind, courteous and cooperative.

But I guess that is up to you and how much you want to stay in Thailand.

Choke dee!

Not so, I went in today and was told they had still not been notified, the creep of an immigration officer was not there but when we go back we will ask to see the superintendent to report the matter.

So the truth is the creep called my wife on a Saturday when they were closed and dont forget "meet near immigration" not at it, said it hadnt passed, said could she come and have some more photos taken with him in them???????? Of course all of this was nothing to do with more photos it was so he could ask for money to guarantee it would pass knowing full well he actually has nothing to do with the decision its made in BKK.

You dont complain about corruption and never report it nothing will ever change.

The creep already told us he is leaving in a few weeks................maybe he already got fired from his job? hes a disgrace to the immigration people.

That'll teach you, in future present documentation that only shows a little bit of your worth! Borderline eligible...

You don't have to show all bank accounts/income :-)

We didnt show him all the bank accounts just one of about 6 with the smallest amount in.

UPDATE. it gets weirder, creepy guy calls my Wife again and she tells him I came in Monday and was told " no answer" he says they still need more photos. The officer who looked at my file Monday never mentioned this at all.

My Wife travels down from BKK and we go back and see him after calling the number on the door of immigration of some high up policeman to check this is Kosher. He says "oh yes happens a lot its normal"

Creepy guy doesnt want money he really does want more photos near immigration.

The full story.......... they really dont have the money to come out to do the house check the govt wont pay for the gas so we offered to take them and bring them back........nope they dont have the time, it seems they LIE to BKK head office and take photos near immigration to show us as a real couple. They even had a discussion as where to take the pics with one saying " we cant take it here we used this place before"

We live about 30-35km from their offices.

Still waiting for a yes or no from BKK ,bizarre.

So if you live way out from immigration they just dont come to your house, well not at Hua Hin.

Edited by kannot

• 3 weeks later...

What a bizzare situation. Who are you meant to trust.

Good luck to the OP.

Still have no answer for extension of stay ( applied Feb 19th) and since then my Father died last week and I now have to exit Thailand to help my Mother.

Am going into Hua Hin immigration this morning, the last under consideration stamp in my passport starts on March 20th but there is no finish time on the stamp ie one month like there was the previous month where it said Feb 19 to March 20, the new under consideration stamp has no finish time??????

kannot.

Home visits are legit, but usually happen within a few days of an application. So if they insist on a home visit before granting the extension they can.

The comment about gas money was him setting up his tea money. I had a home visit on my last extension. When he called to make the appointment he said that he expected me to pay for his gas!