The pollution and heat is gonna get worse!

mamborobert

If the Google map location on The Sanctum website is accurate, I don't think there is anything there in the way of new villas and bomb shelters just yet - just narrow concrete lanes and trees with a few houses in the vicinity.

My house is just a few hundred yards away in a small Thai village, and I drive these back lanes just about every day. I'll look tonight, but I don't think the construction teams have broken ground yet - then again, maybe the location given is not accurate.

Hi,

Yes, you are correct. We have not broken ground yet, but will start piling in April 2015. Currently we are offering pre sales of the villas, with one having been reserved already to lock in the pre sales price.

If you live nearby then you know what a wonderful area it is. A quiet green zone that is so close to the city center. Only 11km to the airport and nearest shopping mall.

Kind regards...

It is indeed a very quiet and pleasant area. So quiet that, with respect, I don't think I'll be needing a bomb shelter any time soon. I used to live in rural Hertfordshire just a few miles away from the British Aircraft Corporation factory (guided missiles etc), so I daresay I might have needed a shelter back there and then... but that's partly why I moved to Chiang Mai. Kind regards...

Hi,

It is not a bomb shelter, but a fallout shelter. It will not withstand a blast, but instead protect from radiation fallout, which, can come from any number of countries. But the shelter is designed to be a home spa / third bedroom, so it will be used on a daily basis. Its not what you would normally think of when you picture a shelter. But hopefully, one will never need to use it. But better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Cheers....