have been accepted as member of burn club

opalred

everyone pays into farewell party and burn here been going to a lot of funerals laterly

my wife said if i go wont have money for farewell party

she told people run show in town about her husband

they said ok can become member if pay 500b deposit 20 b per month because of age but look young got discount

am i getting ripped off again

You’re not being ripped off, but nevertheless I would advise against it.

These schemes are designed for poor Thai people. Hopefully you have many good healthy years ahead of you, but if in the event of your death, the scheme would just about cover you for a rubbish tip location incineration job funeral. Meaning, your coffin and body is taken to a site that bears many similarities to a rubbish tip, coffin laid out on a cemented area, people come along and throw old rubber tyres, bits of wood and paper onto the coffin, which is then splashed with petrol and set alight. If you’re happy with that, than fine, go ahead and join the scheme. Personally for me, although I would be dead, I still prefer to go out in a more dignified fashion than that.

• Like 1

20 baht a month per head in this village. It's not expected to cover the whole cost, that's what the envelopes are for. Think of it as a type of lotto...if they're "dropping like Thais" there won't be much in the kitty.

20 baht a month per head in this village. It's not expected to cover the whole cost, that's what the envelopes are for. Think of it as a type of lotto...if they're "dropping like Thais" there won't be much in the kitty.

It's not expected to cover the whole cost, that's what the envelopes are for

I thought thats what the farangs were for after reading some one the posts on here and some of the expenses involved.

It costs a fortune to keep up with the Somchais these days, family must have big face in the village. LOL