Tourist visa and bank account

Useful info.

Where did you get the certificate of residency?

Immigration at Nathon, they did it same time with visa extension. I got number 5, so I was there early, but the whole thing took 1,5 hours after all. Just the extension would have been faster for sure. I was going to get driving license too but it was already too late, as they stop taking new applications at 9:30.

Useful info.

Where did you get the certificate of residency?

Immigration at Nathon, they did it same time with visa extension. I got number 5, so I was there early, but the whole thing took 1,5 hours after all. Just the extension would have been faster for sure. I was going to get driving license too but it was already too late, as they stop taking new applications at 9:30.

Thanks, I didn't know the Immigration office would issue a certificate of residence to tourists, I thought they only did that for non-imm visa holders who had made a 90-day report.

What did you have to bring to get the cert?

Thanks, I didn't know the Immigration office would issue a certificate of residence to tourists, I thought they only did that for non-imm visa holders who had made a 90-day report.

What did you have to bring to get the cert?

At least I just got it today morning. 500 THB express service fee / tea money, completed form and two photos. I got two certificates with the same "fee", if you just need one, maybe one photo is enough too. Also I had lost my departure card (tm6), it was no problem, they just gave me a new one and changed the serial number of it by hand. I also had rental agreement for my room but they didn't need it at all, not even looked.

This certificate should be free, but I'm not staying in Samui so I just had to get it fast and I paid for it. Maybe they want to see more documents if you choose the free version.

I've opened numerous accounts on a non imm. visa and one on a 30 day exempt. with no need of a residency letter.

Just gave them an adress.

That's what I heard too. My post was just about my process with tourist visa and Central Festival Samui banks. Most likely there will be different results in different branches.

I've opened numerous accounts on a non imm. visa and one on a 30 day exempt. with no need of a residency letter.

Just gave them an adress.

That's what I heard too. My post was just about my process with tourist visa and Central Festival Samui banks. Most likely there will be different results in different branches.

The problem with some of these banks, is whether they have staff who speak English well enough, when trying to do things like opening a bank account... It varies from one bank branch to another!

The problem with some of these banks, is whether they have staff who speak English well enough, when trying to do things like opening a bank account... It varies from one bank branch to another!

Oh yes, true. But I had success in Krungthai and they had the worst English of all these banks that I tried :)

• Like 1