Whatever Happened To The Fish In Karon Lagoon?

JetsetBkk

There were fish in there?

That was taken in September, 2006.

I went back a year or so later and they were gone. I presumed it was due to pollution and/or lack of oxygen - maybe over-fishing or another predator in the water.

I'll take some more bread in a few days and see if they are still there.

Brave girl...

post-35489-0-96929300-1427217423_thumb.j

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Maybe that was from before they dug it out and changed it, maybe 14/15 yrs or so ago

They drained it just a couple of years ago for some sort of construction work.

I have to wonder why the OP started a converstion using a video of 9 years ago ??

Didn't realise the clip was only 9 yrs ago, I should have watched it i guess!!

I remember the stench of the black crap on the beach when they excavated it 14 or whatever yrs ago though, could smell it while out surfing.

Maybe that was from before they dug it out and changed it, maybe 14/15 yrs or so ago

They drained it just a couple of years ago for some sort of construction work.

I have to wonder why the OP started a converstion using a video of 9 years ago ??

Because... I want to know if there are still fish like these in it, sort of hungry Piranha types... biggrin.png

Now you mention it, I remember they drained it a few years ago. So, did the fish come back?

Went there again today. They're back...

I don't think they went anywhere. Loy kratong they absolutely hammer peoples floating lanterns.

Several years ago there was no reaction after I threw some bread in - just a lot of floating bread in the water. Very disappointing.

Anyway, good fun on a lazy afternoon. smile.png

I don't think they went anywhere. Loy kratong they absolutely hammer peoples floating lanterns.

Several years ago there was no reaction after I threw some bread in - just a lot of floating bread in the water. Very disappointing.

I enjoy feeding them. There are also some huge eels in there.

They drift in schools from one side to the other. Some days they hang near the road platform or hang near the beach platform. It's a lottery.

I enjoy feeding them. There are also some huge eels in there.

They drift in schools from one side to the other. Some days they hang near the road platform or hang near the beach platform. It's a lottery.

I presume it's illegal to fish there since, the way they go for anything, you could fish them out by the bucket load.

I presume it's illegal to fish there since, the way they go for anything, you could fish them out by the bucket load.

Every evening thais are fishing in there. They never take too many as I think they just do it for a meal.

If I see the nets out I'd be worried.