BTS/BUS Young or old ?

berybert

I spent much time more so on the BTS and a bit on the buses of Bangkok and I am confused.

Most people tell me Thai's hold a candle to the elderly members of society. So explain the following.

I see people aged 20 to 30 ignore people 60 + yet stand up to let kids from 5 to 10 sit down.

Working out that most of the kids they stand up for themselves spend all there time standing on the seat rather than sitting on it. Why do they do it ?

re

So explain the following.

I see people aged 20 to 30 ignore people 60 + yet stand up to let kids from 5 to 10 sit down

almost right smile.png

i was sat down on a busy bts train from ari to nana the other day and a 30 ish woman who had been playing with the sausage again and was about 6 months gone got on with a lovely little girl of about four

the mum stood up and let the little girl sit dawn and she climbed all over the seat and almost me in seconds sad.png

i couldnt understand it either ! .. dave2

post-42592-0-18843300-1427424585_thumb.j

I was on a busy skytrain a while back, two women with two kids of about 5 or 6 got on in front of me, they let their kids take the two available seats while they stood, after about 1 min both the kids got up, after about two mins I took one of the seats.

The kids then came back, but I just sat where I was. Nobody said anything, not that it would have made any difference.