I am just about to start a new job.

I am not a resident of my home country for tax purposes (legally), infact I am not a resident anywhere . I consider Thailand my home as my wife is Thai and my kids are Thai, but I only ever enter on a transit visa or sometimes a tourist visa if needed. My work takes me to various countries.

If I obtain a Non OA (???) because I am married and I support a Thai, how will it affect my tax situation?

I have spent 10+ years (for specific reasons) staying clear of any taxable situation, but if I want to become a legitimate person IE a Non Imm.( I am legally a nobody) will it cause tax problems?

ANy ideas?

As far as I've understood the non-OA is for retirement only --- and retiremement visas don't suffice for workpermits. You're probably thinking of a plain non-O visa which you can get on grounds of your Thai relatives and which yields an entry-stamp you can extend incountry year after year as long as you meet the financial requirements and still have proper documentation for your relationships. Don't know much about how the Thai kids influence money-requirements (except that you can get some tax-deduction for them), but the financial requirements for one-year extensions on grounds of supporting Thai spouse is 400,000 in the bank or taxpayments corresponding to an income of 40,000 a month. (For me - no kids, but Thai-wife - my personal income tax amounts to 1,820 Baht/month).

Your income is earned outside of Thailand and you are living on your savings from the previous year(s) which you bring into the country and deposit to your bank account. There should not be any problem under current tax policy here. There will be an entry to fill out with your monthly pay amount when you do the extension of stay process but this has nothing to do with tax. You could provide an old pay slip or such but do not believe it will be required.

As said what you want is an extension of stay and you will have to have at least a real tourist visa or a non immigrant O visa to start. You should be able to obtain a non immigrant O from most Consulates with marriage/birth certificates and copy of wife ID card.

Believe you can also obtain a multi entry O visa which with your frequent travel might better suit you. I would try that first myself if going to a Consulate. KL seems to be the best place at present but if also take bank book suspect you might get at Penang also (normally Penang likes to issue single entry first time from recent reports).