AP Analysis: Is Israel democratic? Not so clear

webfact

We're talking about Israeli citizens and yes for Israeli citizens Israel is definitely a democracy.

As far as posting off topic Israeli demonization propaganda ... why not wait until the content actually matches the topic?

The poster from my fb capture is a jew. She has been to Israel countless times. Her mother is from Israel and did her military service in Israel.

What about you?

Edited by BKKBobby

Anyway, Israel isnt a democracy. A democracy requires that citizens is equally equal and that some people isnt more equal than others. Im talking about rights as a citizen with no regards to religion. Im not talking about the distribution of wealth.

Edited by BKKBobby

Israel is not a democracy

Israel just had elections, That makes it a democracy. Unlike Abbas who should have held presidential elections five years ago but hasn't. So he has usurped the position of President for his own aims, about $100million of them!

Obviously you don't know what democracy is to make such unfounded claims. In a democracy you have elections.

I hope that helpswai.gif

• Like 1

Israel is not a democracy

Israel just had elections, That makes it a democracy. Unlike Abbas who should have held presidential elections five years ago but hasn't. So he has usurped the position of President for his own aims, about $100million of them!

Obviously you don't know what democracy is to make such unfounded claims. In a democracy you have elections.

I hope that helpswai.gif

Iran has elections, that makes it a democracy. :)

It's just a way to bash Israel. Facts are irrelevant. Israel demonizers don't get that Jewish people are legitimately indigenous in Israel.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Of course jewish people are indigenous to Israel. The amount of jews had declined to a extreme degree pre-Israel. In todays Israeli territory there was very few jews remaining before the Zionist movement and specifically until the booming of jewish immigrants when Israel became a state. What the torah/bible/koran says is of no importance, god didnt give jews Israel. Religion is not a authority on such topics. Some people even consider religion to be mostly fairytales. Im just adding that. I know you didnt state anything about a right based on the torah that the jewish people can use to claim Israel as its state.

Anyway, Israel isnt a democracy. A democracy requires that citizens is equally equal and that some people isnt more equal than others.

That would mean that there are probably no real democracies on earth.whistling.gif Democracy is a form of government in which citizens choose leaders by free elections - rule of the majority - and Israel fits right in.
Lets just use the word democracy whenever a country gives each man one vote or why not remove the word from the dictionary since we always can bend and widen the words meaning to fit the country we want to include. Edited by BKKBobby
  • Like 1

This is the solution to a lot of the world's problems.

If Israel is not a democracy, the US can not support them ( kind of like what is going on with Thailand and the US right now )

If the US does not support Israel, there is no Israel.

Problem solved!clap2.gif

• Like 2

If Israel is not a democracy, the US can not support them ( kind of like what is going on with Thailand and the US right now )

Problem solved!clap2.gif

Thailands democracy cant be understood by farangs, same as with the Israeli democracy. :) Edited by BKKBobby

Problem solved!clap2.gif

If you believe this I can offer you a few bargains as I have exclusive rights to shares in the Eiffel Tower, Suez Canal and Sydney Harbour bridge which I am prepared to offer at an exclusive discount rate.

Almost every democracy in the world achieves government by horse-trading for seats, China and North Korea come to mind as a couple of "Democracies" where this does not happen. Surprisingly this horse trading for seats happens also in Israel where the most powerful leader comes to the fore.

If the US does not support Israel, a problem, but not the end as US influence under Obama is overstated, and the individuals in the US will continue to lobby and support. If no Israel then probably no Jews either as they will fight anybody trying to kill off Israel. Not a light statement, but one I feel confident in making having worked in the area and having a lot of association and friends with the Jews of Israel.

Cheers

• Like 2

As usual, UG posts blinkered rubbish without checking the facts.

Unlike you, I ALWAYS check the facts before posting. I can ALWAYS back up what I write on here. ALL Israelis qualify as "citizens of Israel." Your claims of "discrimination" are distortions of the facts.

There are indications of ethnicity on internal documents, just like in USA. Black, white, Hispanic as opposed to Arab, Jewish or Christian. The term Arab citizens of Israel refers to nationality - the same as ethnic groups in USA and there are a number of other nationalities - i.e. Israeli Christians, Israeli Jews - with their own designations as well. None of these terms are on passports or ID cards. It is simply bureaucratic information about ethnicity for background information.

According to Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics, the Arab population in 2013 was estimated at 1,658,000, representing 20.7% of the country's population.[2] The majority of these identify themselves as Arab or Palestinian by nationality and Israeli by citizenship.

The very fact that Israel has, officially, "Israeli citizens" and "Arab Israeli citizens" is your first hint at discrimination. America has citizens who happen to be black, but the government doesn't designate them as "Black US citizens".

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

You need to work out the difference between citizenship and ethnicity. ALL Israelis qualify as "citizens of Israel." Black people in America are required to provide bureaucratic information about their race. The same is true in Israel for Arabs, Jews and other ethnic groups. wink.png

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

You'd better work out what "designate" means and implies.

Maybe you should look up the definition:.

To indicate or specify; point out:

African Americans in America are required to designate their ethnic group on some official documents as are Jewish, Arab and Druze Israelis. However, they are ALL CITIZENS of their respective countries.

It is too bad that you don't spend this much time trying to look up actual facts instead of attempting to "prove" dishonest spin and distortions.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1