Karon Beach blocked by Giant Concrete Tombstone

chub

If you don't like it...complain to the municipal government like you would anywhere else. Oh right, they don't give a damn what you think unless you're a three wheeler driving scammer from Roi-et. Maybe this is the best place to complain after all.

• Like 1

I think this is the start of a wall that will span the length of the beach with toll gates,to allow the tourists to have a lovely quiet laze in the shade,and not get sun-burned.That's what I have been told anyway and I have no reason to doubt it. My congratulations to all concerned in this magnificent structural artifact and for seeing a solution to a long term problem.Hope there is provision for the hordes of forthcoming tourists with heaps of the good old pie carts on the inside. Incidently,I wonder who will be the first one to start the grafiti---- HaHa.Boy am I glad I live a few hundred miles away .

Unfortunately your intel is only good until 11:30 am as this beach is west facing and the "insert here" is on the east side of the beach.

Don't worry folks. As with most Thai crap construction, it wall fall down within months. thumbsup.gif

As we speak, that russian crap will be torn down!

Unfortunately there will be a gate that you have to pay 20 baht---10 for thai. Under 12 will be 5 baht. You will have to pay 2 baht for towels and 5 baht per water.. No food allowed!

"if you were a district government with a budget to manage and improve one of Phuket's key tourist attractions, would you consider erecting a huge concrete monstrosity at the edge of the footpath that blocks the view of the beach for the frontage properties and passers by?"

Why not?

Patong erected a giant TV screen to 'enhance' the beach at the new Dolphin round-a-bout!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Probably cost a few million for a feasibility study and another few to build.

And a member of the Mayor's family "won" the contract to build this fine piece of art. smile.png

The was awarded the 5yr contract for the inevitable yearly maintenance!!....(but there's no money for life guards)

Will it be fully covered with advertisements for local businesses in a few months time? Before somebody else takes the prime spot, better paste your ad on there: nice clean cheap rooms, cold beer hot girls, 150 Baht buffet breakfast, discounted tours.

Edited by keestha
  • Like 1

This is about as much a piece of art like the infamous 9 million Baht wasting for a "Patong City" sign, which accidentally was erected in the area of Kathu. sick.gif

Do you mean the sign which could affectionately be know as the leaning sign of Patong & will eventually be part of a fairly major landslide considering the land behind it must be moving to cause the lean.

Edited by Valentine
  • Like 1

This is about as much a piece of art like the infamous 9 million Baht wasting for a "Patong City" sign, which accidentally was erected in the area of Kathu. sick.gif

Do you mean the sign which could affectionately be know as the leaning sign of Patong & will eventually be part of a fairly major landslide considering the land behind it must be moving to cause the lean.

Went past before and it's definitely leaning. Won't be before long that it crashes onto the road.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Went past before and it's definitely leaning. Won't be before long that it crashes onto the road.

Imagine how many 'one liners' there will be getting about when that happens!