Female Phuket restaurant owner shot to death

webfact

Female Phuket restaurant owner shot to death
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A female restaurant owner was shot to death in Kathu yesterday (March 23). A man who was at the scene when police arrived admitted to the murder.

At 9:40pm Thungthong police were called to investigate the shooting inside a restaurant on Wichitsongkram Rd in Kathu.

The incident happened at a one story house with a restaurant at the front.

The body of the woman, identified as Yupin Somrak, 45, was found in a pool of blood in the restaurant̕s kitchen area with gunshot wounds to her neck and cheek, left shoulder and right temple.

Forensic police found four 9mm bullet casings in the restaurant and also a note written in Thai which roughly translates in English as “The house I built...the restaurant I built...you are on drugs. Now I am broke”.

Phumsak Sriput, 45, a Kathu territory defence volunteer, was waiting for police close to the restaurant. He admitted to the murder and handed police the pistol used.

Phumsak revealed to police that Ms Yupin was his former girlfriend and that he proivded her financial assitance in setting up the restaurant even though she had a new boyfriend.

He told police that prior to the incident he had come to the restaurant and asked Ms Yupin to repay him the money, she refused and an argument ensued. A passing police officer stopped and calmed the pair down.

“Later that evening I returned and asked Ms Yupin to payback my money, but she ignored me.

“I sat down and wrote a message on a piece of paper.

“We then started to argue again so I pulled the pistol from my waist and shot her three times. I also fired another shot into the restaurant before walking out. I was waiting for police to arrive,” said Phumsak.

Witnesses to the incident told a similar account to Phumsak̕s said police.

Kusoldharm rescue workers took the body of Ms Yupin to Vachira hospital and police have charged Phumsak with murder.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/female-phuket-restaurant-owner-shot-to-death-51548.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-03-24

Prime Minister, I plead with you, do something and try to control your people from having guns and killing each other.

Enough is enough, for how long have you got to wait till you enforce some laws?

You are doing a good job up to now with other issues, please make this your priority too.

• Like 1

Prime Minister, I plead with you, do something and try to control your people from having guns and killing each other.

You are doing a good job up to now with other issues, please make this your priority too.

Similar murder rate than USA, can Obama stop that in a "Civilized country"? bah.gif

For that murder, as far as I read - mitigating circumstances. blink.png

• Like 1

What about the US.

COWBOY country.

Similar murder rate than USA, can Obama stop that in a "Civilized country"? bah.gif

For that murder, as far as I read - mitigating circumstances. blink.png

At least the Thais have the excuse of a poor to non-existent education. What is the US excuse?

Maybe these thieving Knaiving thai women may learn they cannot take from people and not expect concequences when they dump them and think they can give the middle finger.

Seems the guy tried multiple times to get his money back and was met with an arrogant attitude

No matter what he did he was going to be on the losing end and shooting her was extreme of course however I can feel his frustration taking all his money and then moving in the new boyfriend while sticking him the finger.

You REAP what You SO

"Maybe these thieving Knaiving thai women may learn they cannot take from people and not expect concequences" - prevention is better than the cure.

If "these thieving Knaiving thai women" were not given any money in the first place, nobody would have any grief from any of them.

Maybe these thieving Knaiving thai women may learn they cannot take from people and not expect concequences when they dump them and think they can give the middle finger.

Seems the guy tried multiple times to get his money back and was met with an arrogant attitude

No matter what he did he was going to be on the losing end and shooting her was extreme of course however I can feel his frustration taking all his money and then moving in the new boyfriend while sticking him the finger.

You REAP what You SO

Read again,the dill gave money even though she had a new boyfriend.He should have walked as soon as she dumped him.Plenty of fish in sea.

I always tell my friends and clients....stay away from Phuket, Samui , Kao Tao and all the Southern Resorts and also Pattaya. Just Cesspools.

Ah yes. Love triangle murders are segregated to the tourist provinces.

Surprised you even have clients with your intellect.

• Like 2

What about the US.

COWBOY country.

What about the US? A quick search on Google (ever heard of it?) shows the US with a gun death rate of 10.3 per 100,000 population while Thailand comes in at 41.4 per 100,000. So it appears that one is four times more likely to die of a gun incident in Thailand. Thailand ranks in the top tier of gun deaths while the US ranks in the middle. So Thailand is a very dangerous place; ranking around #4 in the world for gun deaths and #2 for traffic deaths. Don't argue with anyone and drive a tank. Or live in the UK or Australia.

*conniving

"Reap what you sow"

When there's only one person left to tell their side of the story it's hard to make a comment.

As NamKangMan pointed out , if people didn't give money in the first place then these problems wouldn't arise.

I once had problems getting some money back from someone, I didn't shoot them, I got a lawyer.

I'm shocked that so many think this girl "asked for it" bah.gif

You REAP what You SO

"Maybe these thieving Knaiving thai women may learn they cannot take from people and not expect concequences" - prevention is better than the cure.

If "these thieving Knaiving thai women" were not given any money in the first place, nobody would have any grief from any of them.

Correct.. and guys thinking that the girls stay with them and spend their time for free. That only happens if your really a catch.. if your not and they look good.. then its quite possible they are after money.

Its just dumb guys that think they are funny and good looking and fall for the scam, don't give them money and if they stay with you then they are there for you (or in for the long con cheesy.gif )

What about the US.

COWBOY country.

What about the US? A quick search on Google (ever heard of it?) shows the US with a gun death rate of 10.3 per 100,000 population while Thailand comes in at 41.4 per 100,000. So it appears that one is four times more likely to die of a gun incident in Thailand. Thailand ranks in the top tier of gun deaths while the US ranks in the middle. So Thailand is a very dangerous place; ranking around #4 in the world for gun deaths and #2 for traffic deaths. Don't argue with anyone and drive a tank. Or live in the UK or Australia.

We have heard of GOGGLE, wink.png BUT not all what you read there is true. bah.gif

So, I presume, your gun death come from -Nationmaster- that is first an outdated site and more importantly regarding the gun death completely B......t.

A long time ago, somebody counted wrong numbers at that Nationmaster and than divided these wrong number

and the conclusion was that, what you present us here.

In the moment therefore, is no trustworthy homicide by gun list in which Thailand is included.

Thailand and USA have similar homicide per capita 100.000 around 5 killings by any means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/VC.IHR.PSRC.P5

You state that Thailand has 41,4 gun related (mostly) homicide death per 100.000 inhabitants,

only tell us, why - look my links, how that is possible, when Thailand has similar USA about 5 homicides per 100.000 by any means?blink.png

Your number of 10,3 gun death in USA, per 100.000 inhabitants includes, suicide , look my link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Even your stated second place in road death is wrong with Thailand at 2nd place as it is - also a high 4th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

Wikipedia is not infallible, but today, the new level where to get information and more accurate than most other sites. thumbsup.gif

Also interesting Gun ownership per 100 inhabitants, in some countries people have multiple guns so that counts than for even higher numbers,

see USA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

Edited by ALFREDO