How many times can you extend an education visa

Hi, possibly one for the moderators.

I got a new education visa in November 2014 in Vientienne.

I'm aware that an education visa can now only be extended for up to a year so I'm assuming I can extend it for 90 days 3 times which means I'll have to leave again to get a new ecuation visa in November 2015.

Just wanted to confirm that my thinking is correct. The reason I ask is, my father is coming to Thailand for a two week holiday in November and unfortunately I'll have to leave whilst he is here. Is there any way to extend the visa further (so that I could leave after November) or would the only option be to leave the country a couple of weeks early to apply for the my new visa?

Any advice much appreciated.

i really have no idea what kind ed visa you have .. i had a problem with my visa it was ed visa with Lang School and i really have no idea how my lawyer did it .. it was working for 2 years but this year they said you can't make extension again .. and know many people right now they're over staying because of that ..

god be with you

I'm aware that an education visa can now only be extended for up to a year so I'm assuming I can extend it for 90 days 3 times which means I'll have to leave again to get a new ecuation visa in November 2015.

Reading the letter of regulation it says that extensions can be granted up to one year, which means 4 extension of 90 days each after the initial visa 90 days. However some immigration offices, by their own initiative, are shorting the duration to 6 months. Since one year has not passed yet since these regulations, one can't say what immigration will do when the time will come.

The police order states total stay of one year which includes the 90 day entry from the visa.

Once you reach the one year there will be no more extensions allowed. You could go out early for your visa.

Your extensions for study are not extendable after one year, but you can get 1 week and pay 1.900 at your local immigration just without any paperwork.

They once gave me two weeks another friend got 3 months, without paperwork, but that was before crackdown.

The police order states total stay of one year which includes the 90 day entry from the visa.

Once you reach the one year there will be no more extensions allowed. You could go out early for your visa.

Thank for the correction, I had forgot how it's written.

i guess all this crackdown is to promote the 500.000 baht elite visa

as people will run out of options

all this hasstle ... pay a school, leave the country every 1-2 months now ... if you add up all the expenses, you can buy your more quiet life for about 8333 baht per month, during 5 years

i really have no idea what kind ed visa you have .. i had a problem with my visa it was ed visa with Lang School and i really have no idea how my lawyer did it .. it was working for 2 years but this year they said you can't make extension again .. and know many people right now they're over staying because of that ..

god be with you

Isn't there only one kind of ED visa??? You went to a lawyer to get an ED visa? W T F?? lol

Edited by bbi1