Greatest German ever

Due that our forum is dominated by our beloved English fellows but a few other nationalities participating as well who do you think has been the greatest German?

And no Sandy and the other one are Austrians....

Hey CC, Shouldn't that read...

Due dat our vorum ist dominarted by oust belovred Einglish fellows but ast vew natonalities participaringa as vell who dost you tink hass been de greatest Cherman?

• Like 2

No, it is the Austrians who make the cookoo clocks.

Living in Switzerland can actually be fun. When asked if i speak Swiss, or Swedish or whether Swaziland gets hot in the Summer.

No no and i don't know.

Germany, don't know much about it. My brother lives in Munich and that's quite nice. Skating on the frozen river, the beer etc.

And the German people i know are just normal people like you and me. Nothing odd about them at all.

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 2

Living in Switzerland can actually be fun. When asked if i speak Swiss, or Swedish or whether Swaziland gets hot in the Summer.

No no and i don't know.

Germany, don't know much about it. My brother lives in Munich and that's quite nice. Skating on the frozen river, the beer etc.

And the German people i know are just normal people like you and me. Nothing odd about them at all.

Ah, so you have not met Crazy Chef yet then?

• Like 2

Not an easy question. There are the likes of Karl Benz, Gottlieb Daimler, Otto Lillienthal, Ferdinand Porsche, Robert Bosch, Albert Einstein, Konrad Zuse, Nikolaus Otto, Rudolf Diesel, Manfred von Ardenne, Alexander von Humboldt, Friedrich Schiller, Johann Wolfgang Goethe, Sebastian Bach, Richard Wagner, Immanuel Kant, Werner von Siemens, Martin Luther and so many more.

However my vote goes to Franz Beckenbauer!

Oh lord, where to start CC?

Now if you will only develop a sense of humour and stop showing Freddie Frinton (Der 90. Geburtstag) every Christmas, maybe you will be classed as a great nation.

We love Freddie Frinton. I make my Family watch Dinner for One every Christmas, even here, then we "kill that cat" "same procedure as every year".....

• Like 1

Due that our forum is dominated by our beloved English fellows but a few other nationalities participating as well who do you think has been the greatest German?

And no Sandy and the other one are Austrians....

Hey CC, Shouldn't that read...

Due dat our vorum ist dominarted by oust belovred Einglish fellows but ast vew natonalities participaringa as vell who dost you tink hass been de greatest Cherman?

That would be Sandy...

• Like 1

No no and i don't know.

Like everybody else on this planet...except the Frenchs...just kidding

I always thought that Crazy Chef was Swiss!!!

Well, there goes my reputation of being able to detect a nationality by the way people write.

I shall now crawl into my Swaziland like mud hut. And mumble.

Patsy I am too straight/ direct to be Swiss...it doesn't take me half an hour to express I want a sandwich in a jelly pool....and I mean the bread thing....

• Like 1