"Guaranteed" residence certificate?

Which immigration office "near" Ubon is "guaranteed" to give a residence certificate? Or do i have to get it from the closest immigration office? That is a problem as the immigration office at Ubon (Phibun Mangsahan) refuses to give me one even though i have a non-o visa (child connection) and i have asked three times now. I need the certificate to get a thai drivers licence.

It is unlikely that a "residence certificate" will be given unless you have an extension of stay and make 90 day reports.

"Certificates" can only be obtained from the office at which the 90 day reports are made.

You could go to the drivers license office here to see if they give you a form to have signed. I have seen a report on the Isaan forum that the tourist police will sign them here in Ubon.

If not Pattaya may be your only choice.

You could go to the drivers license office here to see if they give you a form to have signed. I have seen a report on the Isaan forum that the tourist police will sign them here in Ubon.

If not Pattaya may be your only choice.

This seems to be "the way" to get drivers (car and motorcycle) licence in Ubon...

I went to DLT (i guess it's called) and the nice lady working at the counter told me, after checking my swedish licence, passport and visa, that i can visit tourist police and get papers (one for car and one for motorcycle) from them. So i went to the tourist police and got the papers but didn't have time to get the medical certificate as the clinic near the DLT was closed so i'll go back tomorrow.

I'll post tomorrow what the verdict was :)