'X-Files' returns after 13-year 'commercial break'

webfact

'X-Files' returns after 13-year 'commercial break'

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Cult sci-fi TV show "The X-Files" is returning for six new episodes, 13 years after David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson's last outing as agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

The Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning series -- which ran for nine seasons, or over 200 episodes between 1993 and 2002 -- will begin production this summer with the original stars, broadcaster Fox said.

"I think of it as a 13-year commercial break," said the show’s creator and executive producer Chris Carter, adding: "The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories."

The series follows the adventures of Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents Scully and Mulder, who investigate the mysterious cases blamed on paranormal phenomena.

The series, which went from break-out sci-fi show to a global hit, earned 16 Emmy Awards and five Golden Globes.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/X-Files-returns-after-13-year-commercial-break-30256723.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-25

Ever seen re-runs of the A-Team? Knightrider?

Oh gawd, when you were a kid it was the best thing ever. As an adult? Not so much. laugh.png

I remember seeing The Time Machine when I was 11 years old. When I see it now, it's not all that bad, until the second half of the season. Some things do last. But X-Files didn't even make it to season 5. I loved the first two seasons, and then too many stale stories.

Ever seen re-runs of the A-Team? Knightrider?

Oh gawd, when you were a kid it was the best thing ever. As an adult? Not so much. laugh.png

It's a bit different from the A-Team. I got the whole series (X files) last year and the first thing that struck me was that it was BETTER than I remembered: the writing is really good (much better than a lot of crime/thriller series on at the moment) and I watched the first 5 seasons back to back.

You don't win that many awards by being mediocre.

Edited by SABloke
  • Like 1

I hope. that in the new series this feller returns....

Wouldn't be the X-Files without him.

bit difficult . . i thought he got killed in the last episode?

If he was killed off....who was the man at the cemetary who had just dropped the

crumpled empty pack of Morley cigarettes? You never see his face. He was also

supposed to be killed off earlier by being throwndown a flight of stairs while in his

wheelchair (his cancer returned). Even though he is supposed to finally have been

killed by a helo fired rocket in New Mexico...he is, after all, a very shady & surviving

character. Just have to wait & see I guess...

Edited by sunshine51