Prayut threatens to hold onto power indefinitely

webfact

good and i my thai family and this friends would totally support that if alternative was vile Taksin clan and his red shirt thugs. MY family children can live in relative peace.

OT those who oppose tough @##$# your hero went to far as did Hitler and rest.

Don't worry if were lucky well have 10-20 years peace and i do support all messages re thinness etc. Fornag here can and should go #$$%@ off back home if they dont like it. I my This family and rest are staying and more optimistic about future than we've been for a decade when Thailand was under heavy cloud of Taksins evil intensions.

Hard luck just live with it or go please.

Thank you Suphet for delivering us from a would be most evil dictator. As I've said from start anything is better than Taksin and it still is.

Your post is hard to follow, but anyone who thinks Thaksin went as far as Hitler is seriously ignorant about history.

• Like 1

""If the situation remains like this I can tell you that I will hold on to power for a long time," he said after denouncing those who criticise the country's lack of democratic progress.

"Why is there all this fuss about elections?" he also asked. "(If there's no election) will anyone die?""

You make Prayuth look both menacing and foolish every time you remind people of what he said. Well done.

It's in the eye of the beholder, or actually in what (s)he already thinks.

Ah, you didn't repeat it. Let me do it for you:

""If the situation remains like this I can tell you that I will hold on to power for a long time," he said after denouncing those who criticise the country's lack of democratic progress.

"Why is there all this fuss about elections?" he also asked. "(If there's no election) will anyone die?""

How can anyone read that and not be concerned about his leadership and Thailand's future?

Well, what with most democracies only having an election every four years, it would seem that there must be something more to democracy than only elections.

some posters seriously think this 'intervention' was about Thaksin....

As Heybruce has told us 'history tells us'.

Looking at the past there are moments in time which can be called pivotal (with hindsight that is). It would seem begin of 2013 was such a moment. If Thaksin hadn't ordered his Pheu Thai led government to get going with his amnesty, we might now be at the begin of a new election campaign with the Thai electorate having the chance to voices their dissatisfaction with Thaksin ruining the country while he and his family and cronies only got richer.

We'll never know of course, can't turn back time.

Looking at the past there are moments in time which can be called pivotal (with hindsight that is). It would seem begin of 2013 was such a moment. If Thaksin hadn't ordered his Pheu Thai led government to get going with his amnesty, we might now be at the begin of a new election campaign with the Thai electorate having the chance to voices their dissatisfaction with Thaksin ruining the country while he and his family and cronies only got richer.

Or conversely we could have held an election when it was called........

• Like 1

good and i my thai family and this friends would totally support that if alternative was vile Taksin clan and his red shirt thugs. MY family children can live in relative peace.

OT those who oppose tough @##$# your hero went to far as did Hitler and rest.

Don't worry if were lucky well have 10-20 years peace and i do support all messages re thinness etc. Fornag here can and should go #$$%@ off back home if they dont like it. I my This family and rest are staying and more optimistic about future than we've been for a decade when Thailand was under heavy cloud of Taksins evil intensions.

Hard luck just live with it or go please.

Thank you Suphet for delivering us from a would be most evil dictator. As I've said from start anything is better than Taksin and it still is.

Your post is hard to follow, but anyone who thinks Thaksin went as far as Hitler is seriously ignorant about history.

He is seriously ignorant, and serially abusive!

Perhaps it is time he was told to #$$%@ off!

Of course, a cynic would point out that collusion among the PDRC/Current Govt meant there was intention of ever letting an election take place for obvious reasons.....amnesty bid or not.

Of course, a cynic would point out that collusion among the PDRC/Current Govt meant there was intention of ever letting an election take place for obvious reasons.....amnesty bid or not.

and cynics of another kind would point out that with a faulty democratic system which allowed a criminal fugitive to run the country from afar, seemingly through a Thai 'pretty' proxy, Thailand could only sink deeper if a new election was held without some necessary reforms.

Both types of cynic could be right.

The suggestion of holding onto power for a long time is about the only accurate thing he's said recently.

This is becoming even more of a frightening ' shift to risk ' situation with someone in total control becoming even more threatening and irrational and there is no one and nothing to hold him back unless another coup is staged.

i doubt he listens to any of his cronies and appointed colleagues and which is them is brave enough to dare venture a counter opinion, far less outright opposition to any of his ideas ?

i doubt he will ever consider he's going too far and reel himself in as it doesn't seem his style.

Things to get worse before they get better.

I think a few reporters have found out how to push his buttons,

and his handlers haven't trained him to not react to it yet.

Only in Thailand would a military man show such lack of self-control.

Or maybe Thai generals have forgotten what it is like to have someone talk back?

But there is also the Thai trait of throwing something out there

and then watching the reaction and back tracking when it's bad.

He seems to have that as bad as any Ministry yob making a

pronouncement to make himself seem 'active.

We already have indefinitely, a 'long time' is no different than the status quo.

Edited by animatic

and cynics of another kind would point out that with a faulty democratic system which allowed a criminal fugitive to run the country from afar, seemingly through a Thai 'pretty' proxy, Thailand could only sink deeper if a new election was held without some necessary reforms.

Both types of cynic could be right.

You cannot turn back time, but you can repeat history rubl. Which has and is happening. You are so fixated on the trespasses of the Shinawatras and with your own hatred and obvious jealousy that you and others like you will probably repeat history or worse.

There will be coup after coup until you get it right ? That will be the product of your hatred and jealousy.

The Shinawatras have time, a majority and can wait out most Thai institutions. Coups are not fair and the have not really helped any country, except for maybe Panama.

• Like 1

You make Prayuth look both menacing and foolish every time you remind people of what he said. Well done.

It's in the eye of the beholder, or actually in what (s)he already thinks.

Ah, you didn't repeat it. Let me do it for you:

How can anyone read that and not be concerned about his leadership and Thailand's future?

Well, what with most democracies only having an election every four years, it would seem that there must be something more to democracy than only elections.

You're getting kind of desperate, and well off-topic. The topic is about Prayuth threatening to hold onto power indefinitely, the topic and Prayuth have nothing to do with democracy.

2013, that's when Suthep gave the military the excuse they wanted for a coup. They of course waited to see if the courts would remove the PTP and appoint a royalist government. When the courts didn't comply, the military had to act before there were elections.

• Like 1