My Motor Show report, for what it's worth (no pics sorry)

An interesting and comprehensive report, thanks.

I would STRONGLY advise against Millennium autos. We bought a benzine 320i 2014 model last year. Had numerous elecrical problems which culminated in a complete failure if the i-drive system within 4 months after paying 2.75 Mill.

Needless to say I was massively unimpressed.

Noone at Millennium Lad phrao would take my calls not sales, not customer service, not the GM.

Only offered to fix the vehicle not replace it. No courtesy car provided. TERRIBLE, EXCEPTIONALLY RUDE 'not my problem, I dont give a shit' service.

We use German Autos in Chaengwattana now. They are excellent.

Good luck if you choose BMW. My next vehicle is back to Honda. If I buy BMW again it will be the S1000R ?

• Like 1

"Biggest rip off of the show was the Porsche Cayman. If I remember correctly the base model was nearly 9M! 180,000 gbp. Thats just plain silly. Compare that to 'just' 7M for a G Wagon."

Why would anyone want to make a comparison between a Porsche Cayman and a Mercedes G Wagen? They're hardly aimed at the same market.

I would STRONGLY advise against Millennium autos. We bought a benzine 320i 2014 model last year. Had numerous elecrical problems which culminated in a complete failure if the i-drive system within 4 months after paying 2.75 Mill.

Noone at Millennium Lad phrao would take my calls not sales, not customer service, not the GM.

Only offered to fix the vehicle not replace it. No courtesy car provided. TERRIBLE, EXCEPTIONALLY RUDE 'not my problem, I dont give a shit' service.

Good luck if you choose BMW. My next vehicle is back to Honda. If I buy BMW again it will be the S1000R ?

Those I-drive are in all new cars. Never had a single problem with them. Im on my 3rd BMW in Thailand now, and luckily I choose a farang owned dealer. Top notch service! My biggest problems with my cars so far as been some rattle sounds, which has been fixed easily.

Why would anyone want to make a comparison between a Porsche Cayman and a Mercedes G Wagen? They're hardly aimed at the same market.

I was making a price comparison, not a car comparison. Altho Porsche made a tank once.

Porsche cost the most in terms of $ per horse power, but that's not surprising considering they have the biggest profit out of all car makers too, with that said they are one of the most reliable German cars I driven to date. Porsche Thailand service and parts price is surprising cheaper than BMW. BMW with petrol engines has to be the least reliable, their diesel cars are pretty good. Driven over 120,000 with my 520d and not a single problem, service is quite costly though.

I had 3 Hondas in the past 20 years they are reliable as a rock, not a single problem and one is hitting 600,000 km. Same goes for isuzu, these cars are just workhorses.

Edited by mike324

Porsche are fantastic cars to drive, especially the 911s!

However, reliability could be an issue. When single I owned 2 911s (both bought brand new in 2001 and 2003). Both of them got the "RMS" problem. OK it was fixed free of charge but I can't say they're flawless...

Anyway, having a 911, Boxster or Cayman in Thailand doesn't make much sense (state of the roads...), but a Cayenne could be quite attractive ;-)

I was making a price comparison, not a car comparison. Altho Porsche made a tank once.

Porsche cost the most in terms of $ per horse power, but that's not surprising considering they have the biggest profit out of all car makers too, with that said they are one of the most reliable German cars I driven to date. Porsche Thailand service and parts price is surprising cheaper than BMW. BMW with petrol engines has to be the least reliable, their diesel cars are pretty good. Driven over 120,000 with my 520d and not a single problem, service is quite costly though.

I had 3 Hondas in the past 20 years they are reliable as a rock, not a single problem and one is hitting 600,000 km. Same goes for isuzu, these cars are just workhorses.

seriously considering a 3 yr old approved BMW - surprised to find out one model in particular sells at a far lower price through BMW than on the used car sites i.e. one2car. Possibly part exchange (guessing)

Edited by fish fingers

seriously considering a 3 yr old approved BMW - surprised to find out one model in particular sells at a far lower price through BMW than on the used car sites i.e. one2car. Possibly part exchange (guessing)

What model? I have also heard a foreigner can get financing directly from BMW without the restrictions that a Thai bank imposes?

What model? I have also heard a foreigner can get financing directly from BMW without the restrictions that a Thai bank imposes?

BMW has their own leasing company here, so yes, that's possible.

I thought the show was to show all things new or relatively new , I thought the Toyota stand was pathetic , I have seen better Toyotas already on the road.

Was it a Toyota stand for getting rid of all the old stuff ?

Agree with you about the girls on the Rolls Royce stand , though they did not have a lot of competition.

Plastic noses , silicon breasts , nivea white faces , underfed , troweled make up , if that is the Thai standard for a " pretty " then they need to redefine the word " pretty "

I thought the show was to show all things new or relatively new , I thought the Toyota stand was pathetic , I have seen better Toyotas already on the road.

Was it a Toyota stand for getting rid of all the old stuff ?

Yes the all new vigo and fortuner are due any year now...cheesy.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck if you choose BMW. My next vehicle is back to Honda. If I buy BMW again it will be the S1000R

Those I-drive are in all new cars. Never had a single problem with them. Im on my 3rd BMW in Thailand now, and luckily I choose a farang owned dealer. Top notch service! My biggest problems with my cars so far as been some rattle sounds, which has been fixed easily.

3rd BMW in Thailand? How many of those were built in Thailand? Please do confirm that.

I found the quality to be very poor. Especially considering that the price here in Thailand is 300% of what it is in the US.!

I have been and REMAIN, MASSIVELY UNIMPRESSED.