Suthep reports to NACC for 2010 crackdown charges

webfact

Suthep Reports to NACC For 2010 Crackdown Charges
By Khaosod English

14273740951427374352l.jpg
Suthep Thaugsuban formally reported to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) to contest charges related his role in the deadly crackdown on Redshirt protesters in 2010, 26 March 2015.

BANGKOK — Former deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban formally reported to Thailand's national anti-graft agency to contest charges related his role in the deadly crackdown on Redshirt protesters in 2010.

Suthep, who has been living as a monk in southern Thailand since the May 2014 coup, submitted more than 150 documents to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) as a part of his defense.

su.jpg
Suthep Thaugsuban reporting to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) with testimony on 26 March 2015.

The documents were bound together with a magazine-like cover featuring his portrait, titled "Testimony, Phra Suthep Paphakaro."

The subtitle read, "Concerning the case of terrorism during the UDD rallies in 2010," in reference to the Redshirts' official umbrella organization, the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship.

Suthep and his former supervisor, Abhisit Vejjajiva, have been charged with abuse of power by the NACC for authorizing the military operation in 2010, which left over 90 people dead, mostly civilians. If proven guilty, the two Democrat Party politicians could be retrospectively impeached and banned from politics for five years.

Speaking to reporters after a two hour meeting with the NACC, Suthep said he told officials that Thailand was nearing a state of war prior to the 2010 crackdown, with "perpetrators using war weapons to kill people, police, and soldiers in the middle of the city."

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1427374095&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-03-27

Suthep said ... with "perpetrators using war weapons to kill people, police, and soldiers in the middle of the city."

so that was 2010 and...

this was 2014:

A Human Rights Watch researcher told VOA that militants had M79 grenade launchers and were firing at police.

http://www.voanews.com/content/thai-court-upholds-emergency-decree-warns-against-violence/1854474.html

This guy is a knucklehead.

Still hiding behind the robes. Look at me, I am a spiritual leader and a man of peace, I would never break a law. Sickening and this lowlife makes me sick. He is pure evil and the devil himself would not even accept him. I believe the devil has a restraining order on Suthep.

When are all the high ranking military officers going to be asked to explain or are they now the rulers and exempt?

Still hiding behind the robes.

At least he is not hiding in Dubai.

Living the good life in Dubai is hardly hiding. However, what is is going is avoiding an unfair trial.

I hope they do ban Sutip from politics. He is a bad actor that will do and say whatever it takes to achieve his personal agenda.

Democracy does not need a sudo communist like Sutip . He is a very dangerous actor . And now a Monk WOW giggle.gif

Still hiding behind the robes. Look at me, I am a spiritual leader and a man of peace, I would never break a law. Sickening and this lowlife makes me sick. He is pure evil and the devil himself would not even accept him. I believe the devil has a restraining order on Suthep.

When are all the high ranking military officers going to be asked to explain or are they now the rulers and exempt?

Still hiding behind the robes.

At least he is not hiding in Dubai.

As much as I think the man is a dick, he's far from hiding, you do know the definition of hiding? it's not wanting to be found, I think the word you're looking for is residing, as he's not hiding from anyone.

He's not hiding from the Thai authorities as they know where he is pretty much 99% of the time.

Is he hiding from the courts? no he's refusing to attend, that's not hiding, when you hide from the law, you go persona non grata, and lay low, avoiding the authorities, this weasel openly travels, and doesn't hide in the true sense, I mean you do understand the principle of the game "hide and seek", they're not hiding when you know where everybody is ;)

Semantics I know, however it's a misused word when referring to Thaksin.

• Like 1

If Suthep is retrospectively impeached, will his ban from politics for five years also be applied retroactively? If so, that would mean he could run in the next elections if they were held in 2016!

If so, he also needs to leave monkhood, join a political party a few months before the general elections, get himself a constituency or ask to be put on the party list, and only assuming the weather is nice.

More likely a ban would be from day of impeachment or being found guilty in the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders whichever comes first. Maybe you should ask Ms. Yingluck.

nothing will ever come of this.

just smoke & mirrors... coffee1.gif

Yes it will. They will be found to have being doing their job in clearing the protesters who were squatting illegally, unlike Yingluck, who was er........just there in parliament (on occasions) getting others to do her job.

If the men-in-black hadn't have started shooting at the army then none of this would have happened. The soldiers were told to use live rounds in order to protect themselves - which they did!!!

I have the feeling that they might be impeached to justify Yingluck getting 'the big one' and it may be no bad thing as the less politicians there are the better!!!

I sincerely hope that you feel the same way about the protesters from 2014 who entered premises illegally too and the ones who barricaded polling stations?

Somehow I doubt that very much, I have a feeling you've been a previous banned poster as well.

The less Politicians the better? So democracy in any shape or form where there's a healthy opposition doesn't suit your styl;e of living? I wonder what your resident country was like that you left to feel happy living under a Military Junta.

I'll be honest, I don't like it, I didn't come here to live or have my family live without choices and rights, within the law, but I'm here, and as long as I follow the laws, and don't bring attention to myself then I'll crack on for the sake of my family.

I'm also very aware of WHY the Junta need to be in control till after the event, reforms and reconciliation are nothing but smoke and mirrors behind the facade of the bigger game being played at the top end of the scale.

For someone who stated they've been here 7 years and you're not aware of the bigger picture, makes me more inclined to believe you're not interested and that you're only here to wind people up. wink.png

How much of the bigger picture is relevant in this charge of "abuse of power" at the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders?