Pattaya City launches new campaign

Thaivisa News

Pattaya, Chon Buri: The Pattaya City has kicked off a new campaign to promote tourism to the seaside resort city.

Pattaya Mayor Itthipol Khunpluem said the new tourism campaign theme, which is called Pattaya City Definitely More, is aimed at introducing new tourism aspects of the seaside city to reach new target groups.

The mayor said the new tourism campaign theme will focus on four characters of the Pattaya City.

The four characters are used to develop tour packages based on the four sub-themes, called More Nature, More Colors, More Life, and More Business.

Itthipol explained that the More nature campaign would highlight natural tourist-destination sites while the More Colors campaign would highlight the colors of the Pattaya City during the day and night time.

He said the More Life campaign is aimed at introducing comprehensive hotels, spa and health services in Pattaya while the More Business campaign is aimed at introducing Pattaya as a hub of new businesses.

New tourism packages, which will be developed on the new campaigns, will be announced by the middle of this year.

Itthipol said the Pattaya City expects the new packages will bring more quality tourists to the city and will lead to increase in spending by tourists by three to five per cent.

He said the new campaigns should create about Bt95 billion revenue for Pattaya, which would be the same level with that in 2013.

Itthipol added that Pattaya still aims at retaining the ratio of foreign to Thai tourists at 70:30.

He hopes that the new campaigns packages will help turn Pattaya a dream destination for tourists around the world.

Pattaya Mayor Itthipol Khunpluem, is another example of Thai local officials, issuing big statements to justify their salaries.

At the end of the day, all these will be words in the air without any substance or any action taken.

I've heard enough up to now of so many good intentions and dreams that never materialize.

The only difference in this country is what this government is saying and trying to achieve and up to now I have nothing to blame them for.

They promise and they deliver.

Edited by Costas2008
  • Like 1

I lived in Pattaya for 8ish years...

Dont miss it....

I enjoy living where I am now... less scams... less bs from vendors.... Still lazy buggers, with no clue about anything, but its better than Patts...

• Like 2

More Nature, More Colors, More Life, and More Business.

Also more traffic, more theft, more scams and more noise.

... and more bars, more drugs, more prostitutes, more katoeys

And a bit of a Twist.... 'Please, sir, I want some more.'

I desperately try to place objective views on this forum.

But.....this OP is absolute nonsense. How can you state that simply by saying 'more' four times it is going to generate 95 billion baht?. That's what the OP implies.

However, on closer reading the 95 billion was the total cash generation in 2013 - well before this latest campaign begins.

I suspect in reality it will not raise a single satang but, boy, does it look good for the 'idea's men' in City Hall.