90 day report calculation.

I am on extension of stay based on retirement ( expires on 28 Mar 2015 but successfully renewed on 18 Mar 2015 and good to go till 28 Mar 2016) and my last entry into Thailand was on 29 Oct 2014. I made the standard 90 day report from my last entry date of 29 Oct 2014 possibly around 12 or 13 Jan 2015.

When I got my latest extension of stay on 18 Mar last week, the officer updated my 90 day report together with slip attached in passport that my next report is due 15 Jun 2015 which indicates the 90 days is calculated from the day I applied and renewed my extension of stay. But since my last report for 90 days was in Jan this year it would mean I would exceed 90 days if I were to follow the date (15 Jun 2015)on the slip now attached to my passport. Did the officer make a mistake and should I return to immigration office to set this right?

This was all done at Korat immigration which I have nothing but praises for as the lady officer went well past lunch time to complete my 3 applications all in one go. I did transfer of previous extension to new passport, got a new extension and multiple re-entry permit. Only hiccup was lack of letter from my embassy for the new passport although my embassy insisted there is no need for a letter. But all went well in the end.

The officer did a report for you that ended your previous 90 day count. So your 90 days started again from that date.

You will do your next report on the 15th of June as shown on the report receipt in your passport.