Natural Health Products

richard peters

I am looking for the following health products; - (preferably in the Pattaya region): -

1) Chinese "Kombucha Tea" (or a 'the fungal starter culture'), known as the 'Tea of Life,' as it has extremely wide ranging health benefits.

[Originated in Korea, probably thousands of years ago, and the base is simply a sterile mixture of boiled tea and sugar].

2) Rieshi (Siberian) or Chaba (Japanese) herbal mushrooms [or spores to enable them to be grown] for cancer treatment and general longevity / health.

[These are widely used in Chinese / Japanese herbal medicine, but seem hard to obtain in Thailand.

More infomation on the benefits of these is available on the internet at sites such as www.naturalhealthnews.com

You just have to ask around , so many health products are being sold here but most of them are produced in Thailand. Even the Matcha green tea that originates from Japan is produced here , same quality I think.

Great link. Thanks. Now if I could only find a local source of Lyprinol (green-lipped mussel oil.) It does wonders in reducing joint inflammation and relieving arthritis symptoms.

Valid point Bernard! I lived in Pattaya for more than a decade, but now live a healthier life in the mountains of NW Thailand, but am visiting Pattaya for a short time on business. However, "Farang Baa" is making assumptions, but it is possible to live a relatively healthy life in big cities with a bit of improvisation: - with air quality being the main "sticking point."

• Like 2

Compared to BKK, better air can be found in and around pattaya.

Yes , I enjoy the fresh breeze from the balcony, I live 500 meters from the sea so that helps. When I worked and lived in Bangkok I got used to the smell and pollution but it was not good for my health.

• Like 1

I have heard that there is a huge warehouse on soi 89(?) in East Pattaya over the rail tracks that sells herbs and natural products. Anyone have any info on this?

Warehouse?? If you can find one or two shelf's of natural products your doing good here...

Compared to BKK, better air can be found in and around pattaya.

Yes , I enjoy the fresh breeze from the balcony, I live 500 meters from the sea so that helps. When I worked and lived in Bangkok I got used to the smell and pollution but it was not good for my health.

Despite being a bit off topic, i have traded a great social and work life in Bangkok for a more lonely less occupied but physically healthy more accessible life to nature and healthy living, breathing, hiking and exploring.

I guess nowhere is perfect but i am sure there is ALWAYS better out there, be it in Thailand or other places,

where maybe i could have it all: decent 'normal' types of working people, expats and retirees, and great people who aren't passing through and don't leave town in a a few days, and are not looking for a hustle or only money, both thai and farang , along with fresh air and natural areas to explore.

I might be dreaming but always good to dream of a better life.

No place is perfect and has issues and problems but better, more fulfilling, yes, there always is (says yoda)

I have heard that there is a huge warehouse on soi 89(?) in East Pattaya over the rail tracks that sells herbs and natural products. Anyone have any info on this?

I found it.

Parinda

46/65 Soi 87 Off Sukhumvit Road on East side. Tel 083-815-0474

• Like 1