Telling Thai gf how much I'm REALLY worth?

puukao

Let's say I'm really worth 500k USD, zero debt (no mortgage, house paid off, etc...). I know, not the greatest amount, but not the least amount. Sure, I wish it was 1 million, but i'm super lazy and would rather exercise than work. Good investments over the last 20-years, which isn't really working either. Anyhow...who cares. I exercised 3 hours today, zero work. feels good....

I really want to tell my gf I am not broke, but certainly don't want her to think I'm rich. Yes, gf that I don't trust 100%. Are we getting to 100%?...yes, but who knows when. I want her to know that I'm "successful" (I really think money is a horrible metric for success, but whatever) and not some worthless backpacker; however, I don't want to put a bullseye on my chest....

So my TVF experts......how should i spin this web????

Trust me, people ask questions and more questions. How can you not work? How much money do you have? Do you own house back home? Are you rich? blah, blah, blah......

Of course i want her to like me thinking i'm poor....but not run away thinking i'm some loser (which i don't label poor people, but some here do). anyhow.....

• Like 1

Apart from the thousand in the morning, why would you discuss money with a 'Thai gf'.

PS

Is this the 45yo mother or the 21yo (100x hotter) daughter?

Hey person.

You are finally getting it.

She is a troll, and you are a slow learner.

Welcome to ThaiVisaForum..

• Like 1

I want her to know that I'm "successful" (I really think money is a horrible metric for success, but whatever)

You had a good run, what are you going to do for the next 20-30 years ?

Tell her nothing

Yes, for a few years minimum, "Tell her nothing." Resist the temptation until she's reading and ready to sign the prenuptial agreement along with two or more lawyers in her primary language.

It's easy to tell more, it's impossible to retrieve that information back unless you have one of those 'light-emiiting pens' from "Men in Black," that erase memories.

Be confident knowing you don't have to show or know your wealth to keep her interested in you. Does a man really want a lady to stay with him becaue she knows he has 'bank?' You'll learn more about her when she doesn't know whether you have money or not... It's easy for a woman (or man) to spend your $500k and then say, 'Nice knowing ya, now get out of my house, condo, etc...!!'

P.S. Yes, I know you trust her 99%, but many years from now, she may recall something you said or did years before as the spark to initiate her goodbye smile.png.

Good luck!

Be very wary about disclosing to much even if she pushes the issue. See how things play out. Always have a plan B ready i.e. bags packed ready to move on at least for a couple of years till you get to know her and from my experiences you never really know someone entirely and people change. Her family will come first and if she works thats fine you always need some breathing room. Thai women can do a 360 on a dime so be careful don't lead with your heart. Be careful building a house for her etc as you can own nothing but a condo. Prenup if your serious definitely

Money can't buy love, but I do know where you can rent or lease it

What possible good would it do you for her to know how much you have?

Don't be surprised if you get something like Stalin's reaction when told US developed Atomic bomb. He already knew, he had his spies. These ladies are very adept at inferences regarding your net worth from just tidbits of evidence here and there.

I told EVERY women I met here the TRUTH.

I was broke, and I was living with my SS retirement of $900US/month, no properties, and not rights to my retirement when I die, if we cannot live in my country for a while...something that was not going to happen.

For about 2 years, most walked out or laughed at me. With some, I had just a one night stand, or short time good moments. Was fun.

Finally, and susprisingly, the best good looking, younger, and independent one, ask ME if I wanted to get married, and we are together for 3 years already, living a peaceful and simple happy life.

That was my TRUTH, but...if I was rich, I will do it in the same way...until I find one that was interested in me, and not in my money, because I found out that a couple without kids, can live very well with just $900.00 US/month in Thailand.

• Like 2