Telling Thai gf how much I'm REALLY worth?

puukao

While being poor is not in itself something to be ashamed of, it also is not ennobling, as many think rationalize.

You seem to have already answered your own question, but I'll opine anyway.

I can think of many reasons why not to reveal the details to your g/f of your worth. However, I can't think of even one upside to telling her. Can you? (And bragging doesn't count.

BTW, self-defined lazy boy ... A million dollars ain't what it used to be ... and a half-million is a lot less. Here's some perspective:

Think about how easily and fast you can spend $1000. Then realize than a half-million dollars is only 500 one-thousand dollars. Also, remember that in 10 years and 20 years and 30 years that money will be worth less and less and less ... i.e., it will buy less rent or real-estate, food, medical treatment, etc.

Edited by HerbalEd

64 posts in this thread so far, and from 61 of them you read between the lines that they are in a financial relationship with their wife or GF. I thought the majority of TV members had Chinese HI-SO wifes and GF's.

Edited by Anthony5
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

500k and no debt is jack shit these days. Depends how old you are I guess. If you're 60 plus already then it might last you the rest of your life if you watch your spending.

Don't tell her anything. Even if you're a billionaire why would you set yourself up as a target? If you want to tell her something then tell her you can afford to buy a reasonably nice house in Pattaya, but you can't afford an SL series Mercedes. She will work it out!

I think he want to tell her his EGO cant wait to get out

for the last two weeks, milfie has been receiving a Daily International Thai-Aust mobile call from one of her cousins.

He's a deckhand/engineer or whatever you believe, operating out of Ko Si-Chang.

We've known for ages he lives the usual: drunk when ashore, and a bit'o'pussycat at every port...

anyhow, his now ex-missus had had enough and she quick the qwikust divorce under the Sun

...anyhows, he's been crying onshulders over there for a while, until me missus another neice bluddy gave him me missus' mobile number here...

they're jbbbering Thai al thru the calls, and after each, I give an English version of what I reckon the calls are being about...

money

bleat bleat

money etcetc

"oh no you wrong"she'd keep answering - that not all Thai are like that to others overseas.

"yeah ok laugh laugh" I'f always respond, with the usual frown and grimace from a quietening wife

Finallylast night, late, the next call comes in, and at long lst she's not answering, and actually turned the mobile off all night, as he tried 3 times in a row...

she starts muttering, as if in surprise that he probably wants money...

huh - isn't that what I've been on about all along??

oh yeah - about Worth - they've heard on facebook that we're off to Germany for 3 months, and as we are made of money!!

Yes, but after Europe,we won't be.. and need it to survive the distance, and I have already budgetted the trip

So I tell the missus "LIE", "Lie like every other Thai does..."

Edited by tifino

Just don't tell her anything and wait and see what happens. For heavens sakes...I should named a saint for this type of stuff...

And my missus stuck by me when i was a "worthless backpacker" and then a poor student....now she is worth more than 2 million baht. I am now worth nothing by the way, but i don't mind.

I met her in a bar too. On Sukhumvit. Her friends said she was crazy to stay with me. They wanted the rich 50 something.

She paid for our taxis often, and bought me t-shirts and other presents, and food most days too.

Her friends all laughed. They ain't laughing now. They are still trawling the 50-somethings. My wifey got a much younger guy, and a house and 2 cars, the lot...and a cute baby.

She never asked me how much i was worth. I never told.

Edited by EmptyHead
  • Like 1

1. Has she worked in a bar or red-light massage shop for more than a month? - if so, why bother when, alternatively, you can find a partner who isn't living in shame and where you have a 50 times better chance of a happy and trusting relationship?
  2. What kind of woman would enquire about your financial status when it's already clear that you can support her lifestyle in Thailand?

You don't sound world wary to me.

Be patient and find a "decent" woman (presuming the answer to question 1 above is "yes".

Cheers

She's your gf, not your wife. So what's the point of telling her anything about your finances? Unless it's to gratify your ego!

She can witness your lifestyle and figure out you don't need to work. There's no need to talk finances unless you take the relationship to another level.

If she speaks English, why, and how did she learn? Without a demonstrable justification, your risk just increased.

Thinking about telling any Thai anything at all about your finances is misguided.

What are you lacking that you feel you have to qualify yourself for a woman?

Take her to a 5-star hotel and drop 3,000 baht on a dinner without batting an eye. She'll think you are stupid for spending so much but tell here it is a special occasion to honor your mom's birthday. She'll get the idea.

• Like 1

By all mean tell her everything...buy her some gold bars...expensive wine...and show her your sincerity by taking her to the bank to put her name on your bank account...

Then comes the several million baht wedding...where you are the personal banker...

Then comes the motorcycle, car/truck, house, furniture, appliances and monthly allowance...

Then comes the family, relatives, friends and neighbors who are in desperate need of monetary assistance...

Just before you go completely broke...she will start having to go home to visit her family more often...

Report back to this forum how this goes for you...

... by the way, BKK gave the best reply to your post, when he said:--

"I told EVERY women I met here the TRUTH.

I was broke, and I was living with my SS retirement of $900US/month, no properties, and not rights to my retirement when I die, if we cannot live in my country for a while...something that was not going to happen.

For about 2 years, most walked out or laughed at me. With some, I had just a one night stand, or short time good moments. Was fun.

Finally, and susprisingly, the best good looking, younger, and independent one, ask ME if I wanted to get married, and we are together for 3 years already, living a peaceful and simple happy life.

That was my TRUTH, but...if I was rich, I will do it in the same way...until I find one that was interested in me, and not in my money, because I found out that a couple without kids, can live very well with just $900.00 US/month in Thailand".

This is the attitude to take with any partner in my view, except, in your case, tell her you have "just enough money to get by" - then if she doesn't like it, do what BKK did and wait till you meet a great one who has some character who likes you - there are plenty out there. You've got to believe in yourself.

How amazing, "puuko" creates a post and goes away and no one notices?

Some say his profile says gender female?

One post said troll!

Paulao, give the money to me, I love you long time.........

For goodness sake - Next!

Edited by laislica
  • Like 1

Easy to say too much, which she will misunderstand and start making assumptions which will create problems. Just be honest, and answer questions as they arise.

The more you volunteer the better chance she will get confused. You are comfortable under present conditions.