Yingluck dismisses Prayut’s allegations of doing nothing on human trafficking

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is easy to blame the past government, but the problem has been in high gear for at least the past 10 years as acknowledged by General P, so that brings the former Abhisit government and the military regime that preceded it into the picture. How about being fair and refraining from using this as an opportunity to score points? As the former PM pointed out , the major factor was corruption in the government and she's right. The major trafficking delivery points have always been to the south. Whether it was Rohingya or the fishing fleets. Try as the former government did it couldn't get the Royal Thai Navy to act. It couldn't make a dent in the endemic and deeply routed corruption in the south particularly in the Suthep stronghold of Nahkon Si Thammarat-Surat Thani-Phuket. Abhisit was handcuffed for political reasons because he needed the south's support and the former military regime didn't care. The problem can't be effectively dealt with until their is a relentless and severe attack on the corruption in the south.

We keep hearing the stories about evil Bangkok, or the corrupt North, but the reality is that it is the south where the corruption is at its worst. Instead of placing Issan under martial law, apply it to Phuket and conduct the same types of house to house searches. I can guarantee more illegal weapons, illegal workers, yaba and other illegal activities would be uncovered than what we hear about elsewhere.

As the former PM pointed out , the major factor was corruption in the government and she's right.

&

Try as the former government did it couldn't get the Royal Thai Navy to act.

which reminds me of a tidbit I read some time ago... Apparently the declared, average wealth of an Admiral is significantly higher than that of a General. Which is saying something... coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Which reminds me you didn't say much here, just some suggestion it would seem, based on the musings of another poster.

Anyway, you might be right, about the wealth of Admirals. Think you can still find the article you read such in? It may further my education as well wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cAx1lGI2wn7 alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

that the super troll doesn't understand what I post is not a surprise

if you want to keep up with events in Thailand, mister super troll, you have to read what cannot be posted here.

You mean: The Economist, Washington Post...?

recalling her governments interest on the issue

Being interested in a problem is not the same as actually doing something about it.

attempt to solve the problem was always on the agenda

Having something on your agenda is not the same as positive action on the matter.

her governments concerted effort in tackling human trafficking

Why was not even one of those efforts mentioned? Did the press intentionally leave out where she described where her government took action?

cited her latest report of her governments effort to dove the problem

Why was not even one of those efforts mentioned? Did the press intentionally leave out where she described where her government took action?

her governments report which attributed corruption among government officials in solving human trafficking in the fishing industry particularly the Rohinya migrant labour.

Her government attributed the problem to corruption. But what did she DO about the the corruption? Attributing is not the same as positive action on the matter.

the problem could serve as a good lesson for the government to realise the significance of media reports, as well as calls by the human rights groups so as to be efficiently achieve solution of human trafficking on a sustainable basis.

She realized the significance of reports. Realizing is not the same as positive action on the matter.

the first significant step of solving any problem is to accept that the problem does exist so that all efforts could be mobilised to solve this challenging international level problem.

Her government accepted that the problem exists. Accepting is not the same as positive action on the matter.

I believe that Ms Yingluck subscribes to the saying, "If you can't dazzle them with you brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit".

Is the press being biased/incompetent or did she really not say her government did anything of substance? There are a lot of words but "where's the beef". Can anyone name one positive effort by the Yingluck government to end/reduce human trafficking (since Ms Yingluck herself, didn't)? IIRC, there were always stories of human trafficking in the news during her tenure but I can't recall any story of action to prevent/reduce such during her tenure. Does anyone have a link to show her government did anything?

I'm sorry to sound like a troll but this will probably be the way she defends doing nothing to stop the corruption in the Rice Support Program.

if anyone here has been baffled by bullshit, it is those with liberal western upbringings cheerleading the generals oppressing a nation and its citizens
Interesting posts from a 3 hour member, all critical of the current government of the Kingdom....

Does it really matter if you are a " 3 hour member" or a troll that Constantly sits in front of his PC?

Some of us have lived here for years and read your troll postings!

Recently many members TVF have been criticed for being on here for less than x amount of years, or x amount of postings!

Why don't the abusers of this grow up, or is this forum going to be like the present regime and let only yellow shirt supporters have their say?

I am a newbie here before you ask having only lived here for nearly 20 years!

recalling her governments interest on the issue

Being interested in a problem is not the same as actually doing something about it.

Having something on your agenda is not the same as positive action on the matter.

her governments concerted effort in tackling human trafficking

cited her latest report of her governments effort to dove the problem

her governments report which attributed corruption among government officials in solving human trafficking in the fishing industry particularly the Rohinya migrant labour.

Her government attributed the problem to corruption. But what did she DO about the the corruption? Attributing is not the same as positive action on the matter.

the problem could serve as a good lesson for the government to realise the significance of media reports, as well as calls by the human rights groups so as to be efficiently achieve solution of human trafficking on a sustainable basis.

She realized the significance of reports. Realizing is not the same as positive action on the matter.

the first significant step of solving any problem is to accept that the problem does exist so that all efforts could be mobilised to solve this challenging international level problem.

Her government accepted that the problem exists. Accepting is not the same as positive action on the matter.

I believe that Ms Yingluck subscribes to the saying, "If you can't dazzle them with you brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit".

Is the press being biased/incompetent or did she really not say her government did anything of substance? There are a lot of words but "where's the beef". Can anyone name one positive effort by the Yingluck government to end/reduce human trafficking (since Ms Yingluck herself, didn't)? IIRC, there were always stories of human trafficking in the news during her tenure but I can't recall any story of action to prevent/reduce such during her tenure. Does anyone have a link to show her government did anything?

I'm sorry to sound like a troll but this will probably be the way she defends doing nothing to stop the corruption in the Rice Support Program.

if anyone here has been baffled by bullshit, it is those with liberal western upbringings cheerleading the generals oppressing a nation and its citizens
Interesting posts from a 3 hour member, all critical of the current government of the Kingdom....

Does it really matter if you are a " 3 hour member" or a troll that Constantly sits in front of his PC?

Some of us have lived here for years and read your troll postings!

Recently many members TVF have been criticed for being on here for less than x amount of years, or x amount of postings!

Why don't the abusers of this grow up, or is this forum going to be like the present regime and let only yellow shirt supporters have their say?

I am a newbie here before you ask having only lived here for nearly 20 years!

I've been accused to have nothing else to do and because of having no life and being miserable seem to just post along with my near 19,000 posts used as proof.

Anyway, Yingluck dismisses allegations, just like we do rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

recalling her government’s interest on the issue

her government’s concerted effort in tackling human trafficking

cited her latest report of her government’s effort to dove the problem

her government’s report which attributed corruption among government officials in solving human trafficking in the fishing industry particularly the Rohinya migrant labour.

9 posts, is that the best you can do?

Maybe you'd like to make a detailed and constructive on topic comment. That might be better to build some credibility. You can at least try.

Oh the irony!!

The experienced old hand with 7630 posts are attacking the poster instead of replying to his post!!

I've read some of your responses Joc. Don't be hypocritical my friend, or are you suffering from CRAFT? Can't remember a frigging thing.