Huaykaew Residence Apartments

tom69

Rented there for 1 month. No problems at all although parking can a bit tight now that they have built the swimming pool. Bikes not a problem. The apartment was very comfortable and very handy for shops etc.

Handed the keys back and got my deposit back within 20 minutes so no complaints at all.

2 months

Very few complaints: secure (lots of guards) ... card entry and video monitoring, no hasstle from anyone at anytime, polite/friendly/helpful/English-speaking staff, rooms are spotless as it is new, all works, mostly quiet; they have a laundry rooms in the complex.

However, the bed in the 3,500 to 12,000 Baths' rooms are hard (not a mattress) and they don't provide you with any sheets or pillows, but if you have them that's fine. YOU have to buy stuff to clean ytour room (broom,...). Doors closing sound smore like door slamming because of the tiles and the door structure. If someone speaks loud next door, you can hear them. The contract (I do believe) is not written in English, but they give you some guidelines in English as to what it contains. It is clear though that you are paying this and that and I had no issues at the end.

Edited by MyPenRye

• 4 months later...

Issues:

Watch out for at least one of the guards, who goes by the name of Lucky. I tried to establish a friendship with him and he tried to exploit the situation. He --and his uninvited relatives (the old lady runnning the little shop)-- got a free dinner, but they lost a whole lot more.

The staff tried to ding me for some damages that were present before I rented the one apartment. I took pictures of the damages (with date stamp) with my dig. camera and that made them changed their mind.

A package that I left with them for a friend disappeared in spite of clear information given.

Doors of apartments need some kind of sound proofing.

It is a bit of a pain that it is forbidden to put posters in one's apartment without being asked to pay for the holes in the wall. They should think of running a wire so that people can hang pictures.

The restaurant owner is the most unhappy and unappreciative fellow I have ever met in my life and his wife/GF is as straight as a hullahoop. She was unable to tell me something that she thought I could not do, but told her husband who then proceeded to reprimand me the next day. These people do not have a clue how to run a business. Where are the umbrellas for the tables? WOuldn't that provide more business during the afternoon?

Issues:

Watch out for at least one of the guards, who goes by the name of Lucky. I tried to establish a friendship with him and he tried to exploit the situation. He --and his uninvited relatives (the old lady runnning the little shop)-- got a free dinner, but they lost a whole lot more.

The staff tried to ding me for some damages that were present before I rented the one apartment. I took pictures of the damages (with date stamp) with my dig. camera and that made them changed their mind.

A package that I left with them for a friend disappeared in spite of clear information given.

Doors of apartments need some kind of sound proofing.

It is a bit of a pain that it is forbidden to put posters in one's apartment without being asked to pay for the holes in the wall. They should think of running a wire so that people can hang pictures.

The restaurant owner is the most unhappy and unappreciative fellow I have ever met in my life and his wife/GF is as straight as a hullahoop. She was unable to tell me something that she thought I could not do, but told her husband who then proceeded to reprimand me the next day. These people do not have a clue how to run a business. Where are the umbrellas for the tables? WOuldn't that provide more business during the afternoon?

I am living currently in the residence.

Have no real issues. If the residents themselves would not bang the doors so heavily, it would be pretty quiet.....

Cannot comment about the restaurant..... don`t like the diet they serve...

Internet sucks . Very slow sometimes. And they do block e.g. Torrent-downloads.

But the place is pretty clean, all shops nearby, Gym in "Orchid Hotel" is 1200 baht/month.

Altogether a good place I think.....