Long-term rental in Soi Dao?

blanes2007

I read here in the forum that in Kanchanaburi Privince farangs mostly live in Amphoe Soi Dao, the mountain resort area near the Cambodian border. is it possible to rent an apartment or a house (1-bdr) in a gated farang community in that area for 6 months for 10-15 Kbht / month?

Any recomendations, contacts, detail or advice?

Thanks in advance

Currently I live in Cambodia, but fed it up, so I want to move back to Thailand on tourist visa (3+3=6 months) and then back again to Cambo...

Edited by blanes2007

Hi

Soi Dao is Chanthaburi province (get asked to confirm whenever I've wanted bus tickets from Bangkok - be a tragic mistake to make) as Kanchanaburi is on the western side of Thailand, opposite direction

We travel through Soi Dao fairly often, Hwy 317 from Chan City to Sa Kaeo; was told by an immigration man at Pong Nam Ron that the foreigners there were mostly Swedish - about 40 of them. There's a resort Soi Dao Hill Resort run by Swedes, maybe a place to start for temp accomm.

Apart from the golf course, don't know of anything of major interest there; notice it's often clouded over due to altitude - highest hills ar 1550m above sea level, and gets much higher rainfall than the Chan coast

Good luck with your travels

of course this is Chanthaburi biggrin.png hahaha

gomangosteen thank you for the info. I've just check Soi Dao Hill Resort's rental rates... and can't say they fit into my budget whistling.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Soi Dao is Chanthaburi province (get asked to confirm whenever I've wanted bus tickets from Bangkok - be a tragic mistake to make) as Kanchanaburi is on the western side of Thailand, opposite direction

We travel through Soi Dao fairly often, Hwy 317 from Chan City to Sa Kaeo; was told by an immigration man at Pong Nam Ron that the foreigners there were mostly Swedish - about 40 of them. There's a resort Soi Dao Hill Resort run by Swedes, maybe a place to start for temp accomm.

Apart from the golf course, don't know of anything of major interest there; notice it's often clouded over due to altitude - highest hills ar 1550m above sea level, and gets much higher rainfall than the Chan coast

Good luck with your travels

Hi Gomangosteen

Those Swede numbers have dropped a lot. An American who lives in town and who is friendly with the head honcho at the Amphur told me that there was some problem over the land ownership and most of them are back in Sweden now. Also the sign that used to read Nordic Chalet on that road was taken down a year or two ago.

As far as Green Mountain goes for the OP, I'll check it out for a phone number, the web site is probably in Thai though as it is marketing mainly to locals I would assume

• 1 month later...