Prayut criticises TV channel for using women in mini skirts as selling point

Lite Beer

Please, invite Ted Cruz over to explain morality. OK, I have a personal interest. 1). Get him out of the U.S. 2). Great humor watching Thais and Expats shaking their heads in disbelief 3). Smacking Cruz with the reality that there are actually other religious beliefs in the world. Hmm, maybe a side benefit of reminding morally reformed minded people here, what a moral absolutist looks like in others eyes. On my own behalf, as an American, I apologize for too many in my country obviously having a mental breakdown.

Uniform for students

Uniform for foreigners visiting immigration

Uniform for models @ exhibitions

Uniform for tv presenters

What'll be next???

A uniform for visiting the ombudsman to lodge a complaint about having to wear uniforms. Edited by Songhua

One may be excused to wonder why a previous Prime Minister who was really into equal right for women and dignity for women, didn't notice this issue.

Probably to many other things to do rolleyes.gif

Had the former PM made the same comment, you and the misogynists of TVF would be along to call her fat and jealous etc.

The PM did speak out on the issue, but people like you ignored her because she was a "dumb broad".

Now the General speaks, so you should listen. He's right.

Oh come on gKid, by now you should know me better than that. I would never call her a 'dumb broad' unless provoked. I'm more for 'Thai pretty' (although less than four years ago), or 'intellectually challenged' (then and now).

If the former PM did speak out on 'pretties' I must have missed that. As profound admirer you surely are able to give me a link ?

The former PM never singled any group out for special treatment, instead treating the issue of respect for women as an integral part of human rights.

10 ก.ย. 2556 09:05 | MCOT

GENEVA, Sept 10 – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has reiterated Thailand’s adherence to the principles of human rights and freedom of the people with respect to the voice of the minority. In her speech at the 24th meeting of the United Nations Human Rights Council here yesterday, she said democracy was not only about an election victory by the majority but about exercising power while honouring the minority.
People in power must neither hold on to power nor indoctrinate others, she said.
She said her government has followed international standard on equality and giving opportunities to women, children and the disabled, and cooperated regionally to promote human rights given challenges in the region.
Thailand has experienced challenges in its fight for democracy in the last several decades and the path remains rocky, she said.
Ms Yingluck added that she had to personally protect democracy from non-democratic people, bearing in mind that democracy, human rights, justice system and rules of law were universal values that bind people and different nations together.
How appropriate. Try not to choke now.

Uniform for students

What'll be next???

Shutting down the communication and Internet in Thailand maybe??...

Uniform for students

What'll be next???

They did that already early on .... lasted a few hours (international - facebook, instagram... all the places where people get the wrong ideas) then they said it was an ISP problem .... only one problem with that explanation.... it affected many independent connections at once across multiple ISPs (I was still able to VPN out though). One ISP said it was ordered, then quickly backtracked on it because they were told "they were not told".

Edited by bkkcanuck8

Uniform for students

What'll be next???

They did that already early on .... lasted a few hours (international - facebook, instagram... all the places where people get the wrong ideas) then they said it was an ISP problem .... only one problem with that explanation.... it affected many independent connections at once across multiple ISPs (I was still able to VPN out though). One ISP said it was ordered, then quickly backtracked on it because they were told "they were not told".

I'm obviously referring for Longer term shutdown, so to say.

This guy is capable of anything.

One may be excused to wonder why a previous Prime Minister who was really into equal right for women and dignity for women, didn't notice this issue.

Had the former PM made the same comment, you and the misogynists of TVF would be along to call her fat and jealous etc.

The PM did speak out on the issue, but people like you ignored her because she was a "dumb broad".

Oh come on gKid, by now you should know me better than that. I would never call her a 'dumb broad' unless provoked. I'm more for 'Thai pretty' (although less than four years ago), or 'intellectually challenged' (then and now).

If the former PM did speak out on 'pretties' I must have missed that. As profound admirer you surely are able to give me a link ?

The former PM never singled any group out for special treatment, instead treating the issue of respect for women as an integral part of human rights.

GENEVA, Sept 10 – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has reiterated Thailand’s adherence to the principles of human rights and freedom of the people with respect to the voice of the minority. In her speech at the 24th meeting of the United Nations Human Rights Council here yesterday, she said democracy was not only about an election victory by the majority but about exercising power while honouring the minority.
People in power must neither hold on to power nor indoctrinate others, she said.
She said her government has followed international standard on equality and giving opportunities to women, children and the disabled, and cooperated regionally to promote human rights given challenges in the region.
Thailand has experienced challenges in its fight for democracy in the last several decades and the path remains rocky, she said.
Ms Yingluck added that she had to personally protect democracy from non-democratic people, bearing in mind that democracy, human rights, justice system and rules of law were universal values that bind people and different nations together.

I'm trying, I really am. I'm also wondering what uniform Ms. Yingluck was wearing when she personally protected democracy from non-democratic people. Did she battle with her brother?

Anyway, Ms. Yingluck who always takes personally care of things and even had her government take extra care also had her PR team write on her facebook page that

""I see that equality on matters related to women's rights is still a problem challenging us nowadays," she wrote."

So, women have the right to be exploited by males who like to see them dresses in a suggestive manner in order to help sell products. If males try to prevent that, it's back on the barricades like those women in 1908 did.

"The former premier started her statement by referring to the origins of Women's Day in 1908, when women working in the garment industry went on strike in New York to protest against their poor working conditions."

PS from Ms. Yingluck's facebook page as quoted here on TVF

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/806907-equality-only-with-justice-yingluck-shinawatra/

Uniform for students

What'll be next???

I'm obviously referring for Longer term shutdown, so to say.

This guy is capable of anything.

According to some rumours - Thai centric (i.e. Thai controlled) social network site replacements are currently being funded and being worked on. So yes, if they feel they can get away with it they will block and redirect people to sites that they can control, track and censor.

The problem with the international sites is they are spreading non-Thai (i.e. Western) values that are not applicable to Thailand. Best just to do away with the wrong influences.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

What issue? Women wearing shortish skirts on tv?? Strap back, send for the morality police. I'd say the previous PM did well to let people get on with their lives and leave their choice of clothes to themselves.

Here we go ladies and gents, back to the 50's.

Some of you wanted this, be careful what you wish for.

I don't think you meant the 1950's though.

phpizate8.jpg

It could have been worse, he could have been the Prime Minister of Greece.

Blimey I missed it, someone told me Thailand was full of prostitutes too??????????rolleyes.gif

Is this the brightest hope for Thailand?? about time they kicked out all those hi so's and the lo so's and found some decent so's

Somebody, please take him to soi Cowboy or walking street Pattaya to cure him from his sexual frustration.

Thailand will be in debt to you for your services.

Yes, that would be a an eye-opener for him. w00t.gif

Especially if he pops into Cockatoo.

Somebody, please take him to soi Cowboy or walking street Pattaya to cure him from his sexual frustration.

You better cover up your avatar to comply with the high moral standards of your hero!!

Showing way too much legs!!attachicon.gifcostas.jpg

Haven't you seen the Greek men yet? Photo please someone.

You better cover up your avatar to comply with the high moral standards of your hero!!

We don't need any photos of greek men, nor greek sex... :P

We don't need any photos of greek men, nor greek sex... tongue.png

Who mentioned Greek sex? I was referring to Greek men wearing the Greek National Dress.

Absolutely. Just look how she listened to all those millions who protested against the whitewash amnesty she was trying to sneak through parliament for her criminal fugitive brother; and many others of course including immunity for herself and her government.

Why she even told them they could all go home as all the bills versions had been withdrawn. Whoops, that was another lie too.

The only rights she ever cared about was her families right to plunder and be above the law.

• Like 1

Isn't part of women's rights to be able to wear what ever they like. If Yingluk had of banned the mini skirt to would have been attacked by many women's groups. The mini skirt has been around for 60 years it's nothing new. Maybe prayuth can add the mini to the bikini guide lines, only to be worn by fat ugly chicks.

The tendency to use sexy females to help promote selling, business, profits is of course to be left to the private sector to be regulated. Maybe the PM should led himself be guided by the example of the United States.

70sh: http://www.retrospace.org/2010/01/mini-skirt-monday-31-minis-on-tv.html

10 years ago: http://www.parentstv.org/ptc/facts/mediafacts.asp

today: ???

There is a tendency to use sex to sell because sex sells -- be it beautiful girls or guys that are not your average guy.

What you are basically saying is that women are weak and need special protections because they are not able to make their own decisions.

What I believe is freedom for people to make their own choices -- good or bad.

Focus on things that are important, opening doors that allow people to succeed (i.e. education etc.).

Miniskirts are not keeping women from being police, it is not stopping them from joining the military, nor are miniskirts stopping women from continuing education.

No, what I'm saying is that in some countries it is left to the private sector to apply self-censureship. With or without gentle prodding from the government. Self-censureship is a funny anachronism. It's like letting a junkie take care of the medicine cupboard, in my opinion.

For sure education is all important, may a time I say that.

PS miniskirts may keep a female from becoming police, same with joining the military. Of course miniskirts don't need to stop education, even if it's part of the school uniform

I try to avoid the submissive men posting pro military here usually , but really switching this Generals narrow minded early 20th century views back on YS is just too audacious to let go without clarification.

YS is not a woman who might approve of woman being perceived as sexualised , but she isn't a prude either.

But more important she recognised it was not her role to censor people or programming on TV where matters minor like this exist.

It's really amusing a military man object to attractive woman in skirts.

Ok ...what would you think if he started intervening and went further .

Say he said he wanted to rid the Kingdom of homosexual foreign expats and tried to justify it by linking it to pedophiles .?

We all know its not .

But this is a general who links rape with bikinis and has shown himself to hold views that are not in keeping with modern times.

What I am saying is your blind faith is crossing over to a point of ridiculous pandering some might question.?

It is your right ( which I respect ) to hold strong political views but ""absolute " rule and censorship and strict controls on gatherings , freedoms , and threat , do not hold dear to the average person...( including Thais) and no amount of make believe can alter that.

YS is not hiding and living her life as a coward and submissive to a government non elected and run by military.....and if the show is canned it's just indicative of one less freedom of expression that all people should be concerned about

Just wondering how you got to "Yingluck not hiding" in this particular topic blink.png

Well aside from more practical examples of her questioning the Military leaders non elected governments position on say Human trafficking ( which you will now add to your dozens of daily spam posts comparing to her government)

My point was is she isn't cowering and hiding or intimidated by this guy ( PM)

She doesn't spend her days supporting his direction and isn't scared to be critical , even after execution threats towards journalists and an ""absolute " power decree.

But "hiding"" takes on many meanings .

As I said earlier would you be so quick to support his moral crusade if went after minorities ?

You seem colourful and perhaps might be fall into his viewpoint of people not quite military standard of "quality expat"

I hope I haven't misjudged you , but I wonder who would blindly support this guy?

A Stockholm Syndrome suffer ?.....perhaps .

I am not suggesting spending a great portion of your time talking politics or stoking debate is a merry little past time for you to water down.

But seriously , you have really gotten a bit silly of late justifying what most of us see ( along with the western international community) to be a man who is highly questionable in both ethics and his own morality .

I mean is it not immoral to threaten execution on the press?

Forbid freedoms in countless other ways ?

Increase power to "absolute"?

Are you not just slightly uncomfortable placing yourself in front of this man , bending over backwards to defend him?

Turn around. Why would she hide? Did she do anything wrong?

Prayut critisizes television for using too sexy girls to sell whatever and they do so in prime time. In democratic countries there are either official regulations or the industry is 'self-regulatory'.

As for me being maybe not quit military standard of 'quality expat', who knows. Some goes for you and all others here of course (with the exception of our Greek friend maybe). So what. Do you want to suggest I should be more careful in what I state as my opinion? Are you cowed by our stern looking PM?

So you're not suggesting I'm talking politics and stoking debate as a merry past time. But seriously, what are you suggesting? Maybe only that you disagree with me? Well, just say so then.

As for the rest, how immoral is it to obfuscate, to suggest I bend over backwards to defend the PM only because you disagree with what I wrote? How immoral to make all kind of dubious suggestions on me, my characters and whatever just because you seem to disagree with me? Are you in the habit of calling posts you disagree with spam?

What issue? Women wearing shortish skirts on tv?? Strap back, send for the morality police. I'd say the previous PM did well to let people get on with their lives and leave their choice of clothes to themselves.

Actually the topic has

"Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has strongly criticised an unnamed TV channel for highlighting women in mini skirts in game shows and home shopping programs as its selling points.

Prayut said such programmes that also highlight dirty talks were not constructive. Prayut said such TV programmes proved that the media needed to be reformed"

So, where did people have their choice of cloths in this ?

Here we go ladies and gents, back to the 50's.

Some of you wanted this, be careful what you wish for.

I don't think you meant the 1950's though.

phpizate8.jpg

It could have been worse, he could have been the Prime Minister of Greece.

Yeah great! With Costas running the Ministry of Propaganda.

Actually the topic has

"Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has strongly criticised an unnamed TV channel for highlighting women in mini skirts in game shows and home shopping programs as its selling points.

Prayut said such programmes that also highlight dirty talks were not constructive. Prayut said such TV programmes proved that the media needed to be reformed"

So, where did people have their choice of cloths in this ?

People had the choice in what they were doing. If they don't like it don't participate or work, work somewhere else.

I just saw a trailer for a movie (also entertainment) "Fast and Furious 7". They had women in there in skimpier attire -- bouncing around. Same issue with all entertainment you chose to work for - you know what you are getting into depending on your role..... It would be like someone saying they wanted to play one of the hot girls in bikini, but without a bikini, and without showing any "skin" - nice and conservative hot girl covered head to toe. They had a choice whether to take the role or not. It is no different than this entertainment.

When I take a job part of the decisions I make are how I must dress (dressing well costs money) - I either take the job or not. In fact I had a co-worker quit a job in London after our company changed to having to dress more for customers (more conservative from free to wear as you want)... he decided.... no that was not for him and headed back to the US to work for another company.

Of course a leader who is use to dictating what people can and cannot report, probably has a hard time understanding that he is not there to dictate how people live, how they dress, where they work.... sort of similar to Mao Zedong. BTW Mao Zedong believed in media reforms as well.

• Like 1

I think Prayut should look around and worry about other things, he and others will be gone within the next 50 years, and that will be the trend and another era which he or Thailand will never stop or change, so get on with more important issues.

Yet another story highlighting that the man in charge is a couple of cans short of a six pack. Even Costas and DJJamie aren't defending him on this one but it's nice to see some people are still desperate enough to try and bring the previous regime into the debate.

The lunatic is in charge of the asylum.