Pattaya motorists to be arrested and fined!

Asiantravel

At about one PM today I noticed a huge entourage of “ VIP -looking “ people wearing sunglasses and Army officials as well as senior police with numerous television news crew running ahead of them to film them as they walked along Beach Road.Lots of saluting going on as they walked along.

They walked all the way from the Dusit Hotel right along until The Hardrock hotel stopping occasionally to talk and take pictures of parked vehicles and motorbikes and sometimes to instruct police tow trucks to take the vehicles away.

Then they gave a streetside news conference with lots of cameras so I can't wait to hear what they said.smile.png

Accompanying them was a slow moving convoy of police cars (about 10 to 15) that were occupying the centre lane of Beach Road because the nearest lane to the kerb was full of parked bicycles and cars. Absolutely hilarious because today Beach Road was reduced to one lane of traffic because of them !giggle.gif

Anyway has anyone noticed the signs along Beach Road saying that from today 30 March anyone who does not comply with the traffic laws along Beach Road will be ARRESTED and FINED !!! So look out! Not just fined but arrested.ohmy.png And this applies to cars and motorbikes.The sign says No ACCEPTIONS !!! ( But I think they wanted to say no exceptions )

So does this mean at long last they are going to really get tough or is it just more blah blah blah blah blah ?rolleyes.gif

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

Another photo-op after some big wig comes up with an idea. This time it's a beach road crackdown.

These cops didn't come to Pattaya for police work. This is a gravy position. A money maker.

They look serious this time so maybe we will see them out there for a few days.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Remember a few months ago? A press release about the special beach promenade foot patrol. 24 hours a day!

They will be friendly and dressed in a friendly orange uniform. They will stop the muggings, drug dealers etc.
Has anyone seen them?
post-235019-0-38412000-1427710413_thumb.
  • Like 1

Another photo-op after some big wig comes up with an idea. This time it's a beach road crackdown.

These cops didn't come to Pattaya for police work. This is a gravy position. A money maker.

They look serious this time so maybe we will see them out there for a few days.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Remember a few months ago? A press release about the special beach promenade foot patrol. 24 hours a day!

They will be friendly and dressed in a friendly orange uniform. They will stop the muggings, drug dealers etc.
Has anyone seen them?

i have seen them alots off time.

i hope they can start and arrest all those stupid idiots that never have something good to say about this wounderfuel country, but they are still idiot because they not move home where everyhting is perfect...

What is your nationality, from what country are you from , if any ?

i hope they can start and arrest all those stupid idiots that never have something good to say about this wounderfuel country, but they are still idiot because they not move home where everyhting is perfect...

What is your nationality, from what country are you from , if any ?

I think "bapoboy" is a Thai, or if not she would surely like to be a Thai.

Couldn't agree more SJ.

They run their business on the public highway occupying massive chunks of prime real estate.

Obviously they either have local officials as partners or on the payroll to service a small minority of the population.

It would be preferable if they were allowed to have just a handful of bikes on display & the rentals held in a lot elsewhere that could be driven down if & when required when someone rents one.

That way other small more user-friendly businesses could operate or (please forgive this mad idea) people could walk, cross the road or visitors could park their bikes there on occasion.

And they can get rid of 90% of the rental motorbikes while they are at it. No need for thousands of unneeded rental bikes taking up parking places.

one of the best I saw at beachroad:

in front of royal garden: a minivan delivering chickenparts to pizza hut, going the wrong way, no joke, he was driving th e wrong way on the left side to go to this "restaurant"

Thailand, the country without limits....

Edited by dieter1

another one: (beachroad)

There was a motorbike driving on the the foot-walk beachside.

I asked the police-men at the beachroad about this, " Is it allowed to drive with motorbike ..."

"No, discribe the man!"

After listening to my description they replied:

"No Ploblem. He is Police man!"

My reply: "He may be a police man, but he looks like MAFIA"

and without waiting for their reaction, I quickly disappeared in the crowd ....

(no fiction, I realy did this !)

Edited by dieter1
  • Like 1

I asked the police-men at the beachroad about this, " Is it allowed to drive with motorbike ..."

"No, discribe the man!"

Good and more people should be doing the same thing - For what its worth.

I went up to City Hall about a year ago to complain about these lowlife local males driving on the beach 'walk'.

Was directed to some office staffed with some nice helpful Thai ladies who in fact said that it is prohibited to ride motor bikes on beach walk.

I suggested to put up signs and enforce this regulation and the ladies agreed that this would go into effect. Like I said this was a year ago

Edited by morrobay

hardly likely they will do anything about the motorbikes on the footpath, most of them belong to the umbrella people, the rest to people that work for the police collecting money from people that are selling stuff illegally. after they removed many of the umbrellas a month or so back the first place they illegally reappeared...right behind the police box at soi 13, now they have reappeared in the whole area between 12 and 13, guess who operates them and collects the rent for those? obviously someone with police connections to defy the army right next to a police box

Edited by phycokiller
  • Like 2

one of the best I saw at beachroad:

in front of royal garden: a minivan delivering chickenparts to pizza hut, going the wrong way, no joke, he was driving th e wrong way on the left side to go to this "restaurant"

Thailand, the country without limits....

A guy with such a username has to be from Germany, or Austria, right? Mein Gott, Dieter !!

The delivery came from Germany and they do drive on the wrong lane.

"No, discribe the man!"

I went up to City Hall about a year ago to complain about these lowlife local males driving on the beach 'walk'.

Was directed to some office staffed with some nice helpful Thai ladies who in fact said that it is prohibited to ride motor bikes on beach walk.

I suggested to put up signs and enforce this regulation and the ladies agreed that this would go into effect. Like I said this was a year ago

Who do you think you are!! Can you imagine two Thai people walking into a county council office in the UK and telling the staff how to do their jobs!! Do you think they would be listened to!!..

This is a wonderful example that colonial attitudes still exist today. The westerner who moves to a country on the other side of the world and demands that the locals should do as he wishes!!hilarious!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well, you have the right PM to make your wish come true.

• Like 1

"No, discribe the man!"

Who do you think you are!! Can you imagine two Thai people walking into a county council office in the UK and telling the staff how to do their jobs!! Do you think they would be listened to!!..

This is a wonderful example that colonial attitudes still exist today. The westerner who moves to a country on the other side of the world and demands that the locals should do as he wishes!!hilarious!!

actually if your intention is to promote tourism in an area then it would be in your best interest to take note of tourists views, but maybe Pattaya has other plans

A one day wonder i hope not as in all cases of police enforcement if not i applaud you thailand.

If it does happen they'll probably be targeting easy prey (tourists) on motorcycles - just as they do when they're enforcing the helmet law.

"No, discribe the man!"

No I would just like to walk on a sidewalk and not need to worry about some kid clipping my arm with his mirror. They already have the laws.

I have lived/worked here for 10 years. Arrived in Thailand with a positive attitude like I always had living in 3 other countries. I do not expect a country to be similar to mine and I understand how a foreigner could come to my country and find fault. However, when a country claims to be a "Budhist country", a "democracy" (which it isn't right now), and is near being classified as a developed country I am appalled how the locals can accept such corruption with the police. The only activity I see them do in groups do is pass out tickets to the poor motorbike drivers for not having a helmet on or proper papers while the white busses and SUV's speeding by. And the pickpocketering and other crime that happens along the Beach promenade along with the motorbikes that are driving on the Beach Rd promenade could be wiped out if there were foot patrols along this walkway. Even if the security cameras worked, it isn't going to stop the crime, it only films it. In most Western countries and in Asian cities such as Tokyo, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore the police are looked upon with respect...as being an asset to the community. Here they're looked upon as lacking motivation or seriously doing their job. It was explained to me once by a Thai at work, he said that his cousin had joined the police force thinking he would be a "good cop" and not be like the stereotype we label most policemen in Pattaya (or BKK). He joined the local police and tried to follow the rules and what was ethically correct, his co-workers end up rejecting him...and those with "power" with the police do not like the rookies who follow the rules, they want "yes men" who will have a blind eye to corruption. He became frustrated and quit.