Pattaya Bangkok Hospital giving birth cost.

BeefSlapper

Hi for future mums dads.

My gf had cesarian at bkk pattaya hospital.

53800thb + 2000 after birth for small baby op for tight tongue.

Priv room and nurses look after you really well.

Cant complain.

Bit pricey but they keep intern. Standards.

​I wonder just how may of the posters who lambaste the Thai public hospital system actually have first hand experience of that system?

​All of our three boys were born in our local hospital in Samut Prakarn. First class treatment a shared room with one other new baby and mother , room was fitted out with air con T.V. and shower cubicle etc, instant service if the occupants summoned the staff with the bell push.

Doctor and nursing staff first class and also a pleasant view from the room window of the hospital grounds and garden too.

Two nights in hospital all medication as needed and medical fees and food total cost 2,500 baht.

Might do well to remember that a Thai mother to be would have used the same facilities if she was lucky.

We have also used the hospital on a couple of occasions for other treatment broken arm, fractured ankle always first class treatment and care at a fair price.

No complaints from me regarding the public hospital system in Samut Prakarn or in our Umphur (Sangkha) in Surin either.

In Pattaya gov hospitals are not so good. And for sure its not 2500

We enquiried it was 10k+

In banglamung my thai friend paid 20k.

Certainly BeefSlapper one has to conduct your own survey concerning the hospital in question much as one now has to do in the U.K.

Both the hospitals I mentioned have good admin teams and dedicated staff.

In truth if the front line staff are motivated the rest of the team will follow the example.

​I wonder just how may of the posters who lambaste the Thai public hospital system actually have first hand experience of that system?

​All of our three boys were born in our local hospital in Samut Prakarn. First class treatment a shared room with one other new baby and mother , room was fitted out with air con T.V. and shower cubicle etc, instant service if the occupants summoned the staff with the bell push.

Doctor and nursing staff first class and also a pleasant view from the room window of the hospital grounds and garden too.

Two nights in hospital all medication as needed and medical fees and food total cost 2,500 baht.

Might do well to remember that a Thai mother to be would have used the same facilities if she was lucky.

We have also used the hospital on a couple of occasions for other treatment broken arm, fractured ankle always first class treatment and care at a fair price.

No complaints from me regarding the public hospital system in Samut Prakarn or in our Umphur (Sangkha) in Surin either.

We enquiried it was 10k+

Two years ago the cost at Banglamung was 3.200 for the birth. A private doctor cost another 4k (not necessary) and 1.5k for a private room.

Certainly BeefSlapper one has to conduct your own survey concerning the hospital in question much as one now has to do in the U.K.

Both the hospitals I mentioned have good admin teams and dedicated staff.

In truth if the front line staff are motivated the rest of the team will follow the example.

But come on Samutprakan?

Thats but far

We enquiried it was 10k+

Two years ago the cost at Banglamung was 3.200 for the birth. A private doctor cost another 4k (not necessary) and 1.5k for a private room.

We were quoted 10k just for the doc. at Banlamung.

My thai friend gave birth there. And they were coming up with things like baby need oven so they put baby in kind of oven incubator thing thats 10k extra and few other bits. That was 2 months ago.

We looked and went to Sirikit, problem there was waiting times to see doc. once we waited 3h and when was our turn they said they done for the day and come tommorow morning and may b they see us if we lucky. They got limits ppl per day.

The same was with registering took 2h, a lot of military staff come...

So ended up bkk p. H.

This thread is to inform about current price and level of service. We all know u can do it cheaper.

Natural delivery was cheaper btw.

It was bit expensive but no scams and well looked after. Nurses come at night feed help feed baby and that...

My son was born 2 weeks ago at Pattaya Memorial. C section, 3 nights in private room, 61,000 all in. No complaints.

More then pbh huh

Yes.

increased the prices because of so many Russians. Then the Russians disappeared so raised the prices to compensate this drop, ending up more expensive then PBH facepalm.gif

• Like 1

All kids born in state hospitols. Paid for a private room approx. 800-1,000 per night. Total bill no more than 5k. Reason, first born in Samui, BKK hos just kept prescribing drugs at 2k a time then suggested an insurance policy at 35k....decided on Nathon at a cost of 1,800. Same day wife gave birth two other ladies were brought from BKK hos for the birth then taken back to Chewang. Same staff etc, all you are paying for is the room.....

• Like 2

My son was born 2 weeks ago at Pattaya Memorial. C section, 3 nights in private room, 61,000 all in. No complaints.

More then pbh huh
Yes.

increased the prices because of so many Russians. Then the Russians disappeared so raised the prices to compensate this drop, ending up more expensive then PBH facepalm.gif

I was happy with the services and still significantly cheaper than private western healthcare.

What was the cosmetic outcome of surgery for the C section? Members of my Thai extended family have very unsightly scarring from C surgery at Banglamung and the Red Cross Hospital in Sri Racha. I understand significant scarring from C section is 'normal' in Thai govt hospitals

What was the cosmetic outcome of surgery for the C section? Members of my Thai extended family have very unsightly scarring from C surgery at Banglamung and the Red Cross Hospital in Sri Racha. I understand significant scarring from C section is 'normal' in Thai govt hospitals

It's a bit early to tell, but it looks like they did a neat job.

All kids born in state hospitols. Paid for a private room approx. 800-1,000 per night. Total bill no more than 5k. Reason, first born in Samui, BKK hos just kept prescribing drugs at 2k a time then suggested an insurance policy at 35k....decided on Nathon at a cost of 1,800. Same day wife gave birth two other ladies were brought from BKK hos for the birth then taken back to Chewang. Same staff etc, all you are paying for is the room.....

Give more info in insurance

Is it baby insurance?

Whats Nathon?

Edited by BeefSlapper

It's a bit early to tell, but it looks like they did a neat job.
My gf still got some plaster on top of it

Deliver baby at home yourself. Give wife/gf plenty of Chang beer & wait. Get her mother who will be moving in to assist. Get her father & brothers who will also move in to collect the Chang beer that you will buy.

I reckon after being told that the Chang beer wasn't 10,000 but 20,000 to include thai snacks & also being told her mother purchased many items that cost 10,000 that you'll never see you'll save 20,000 bt or there abouts.

BUT remember while the family have moved in to assist with the home birth they are not working 12hrs a day in the farm & the younger siblings school fees still need paying as well as lost farm revenue of which you'll be liable for. Then there's the Buffaloes & pigs that need sorting out as they're very sick.

I agree, better to go to hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1