SRT chief: Cleaner railway toilets soon

webfact

SRT chief: Cleaner railway toilets soon

BANGKOK, 1 April 2015 (NNT) - The State Railway of Thailand (SRT) plans to clean up dirty toilets on trains and at railway stations over the next six months.

SRT governor Wuthichart Kalyanamitra said on Tuesday that major revamps will help increase people's confidence in the country's railway.

Mr Wuthichart said the SRT has received many complaints from passengers about dirty toilets. He assured them that the railway toilets will be much cleaner and hygiene standards will be increased substantially over the next six months.

In addition, the governor said the SRT would provide public toilet services free of charge across the country. His comment came following Transport Minister ACM Prajin Juntong's instructions.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-04-01 footer_n.gif

It'll be a breath of fresh air, once done !

No need to hold one's breath, when peeing or pooing, on the train. rolleyes.gif

Next on the list, how to stop crashes at railway-crossings, and how to stop trains from falling-off the rotten tracks ? whistling.gif

It takes me 30 minutes to clean my bathroom, not 6 months.

I will not start on the level of cleanliness, but may I mention the SRT has a wee bit more than one toilet and restroom to take care off?

Mind you, with the SRT apart from a 'one time' cleaning, a plan on 'regular' cleaning might be a good idea as well.

It takes me 30 minutes to clean my bathroom, not 6 months.

I will not start on the level of cleanliness, but may I mention the SRT has a wee bit more than one toilet and restroom to take care off?

Mind you, with the SRT apart from a 'one time' cleaning, a plan on 'regular' cleaning might be a good idea as well.

But sure, they have more than one cleaner ?

Well, maybe I'm wrong, maybe there is just one and he/she

was in an inactive post since he/she started employment. coffee1.gif

Is this another example of what the Generals 'Immense Powers' can do ?

Strange isn't it that everything they talk about is in in 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, this week, next week, sometime, never. They never just sort it and tell us that it's done !

The last time I was on a train it was nothing but a hole in the flour, so no need to clean a hole in the flour.

Did you bring your oven??whistling.gif

No but it could explain that 'off' taste that Thai bread has

Good to see the urgent nature of the clean-up -- only in Thailand.

How about putting some of the lay-about nothing to do staff on the job tomorrow morning - but but but, we don't have sufficient mops, brushes, wiping clothes, detergent etc. --- could always stop-off at 7-11 on the way to work and pick-up the necessary items -- no need to be a rocket scientist to work that out.

Edited by Artisi