233 Phuket prisoners to be released under royal pardon

Lite Beer

233 Phuket prisoners to be released under royal pardon
Nattha Thepbamrung

1427861989_1-org.jpg

Phuket Prison is preparing to release around 233 prisoners by a royal pardon issued by His Majesty the King to mark Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn’s 60th birthday tomorrow (April 2).208 of the prisoners are men whilst the remaining 25 are women. They are expected to be released at around 4pm tomorrow (April 2).

Phuket Prison Commander, Pichit Wannajit, today (April 1) told The Phuket News, “We are currently working on the selection process for those to be released.

“The prisoners who are considered first are those who have only a one year sentence, or those who have one year left of their sentence.

“Then we will look at a second group which would be those who have had their sentences mitigated to one year.”

He added, “There will around be 250 prisoners released. After we finalise the name list, there will be a committee made up of officials from Phuket Provincial Court, Provincial Attorney and Phuket Prison who will approve the releases.”

He said that the work must be done within 90 days, but he belie

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/233-phuket-prisoners-to-be-released-under-royal-pardon-51672.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-01

There goes the neighbourhood. smile.png

Hab au contraire, Sir, have some faith that the prison system has worked and that these poor souls have now been redeemed to become productive members in a civilised society. They would have used their time in chokey to learn perfect English, Latin, how to be good fathers, etc. The immense satisfaction gleaned from doing an honest day’s hard work should not be denied to the soul of any man....hmmm, hmmmm, praise the Lord, let me hear ya yeah!...hang on...where’s me wallet?... facepalm.gif

• Like 2

My wife used to work for the police and still talks with her friends at the local police station. One of their biggest complaints is the annual early release of thousands of prisoners under the amnesty program. They say that the number who reoffend is enormous.

233 more scammers, con men, rapists, murderer's etc back on the streets of Phuket. How wonderful !

Please don't forget there are a lot of people in jail who got busted for things like possession of just a few speed pills, that's why the prisons are so overpopulated.

Would be interesting to see if there is a statistical bump in crime in the near future. I hope employment arrangements have been made for them...

No no noooo... i am more tham certain this action would not chamge the criminal statistics AT ALL....NOPE....NO SIR REEE.

I am also sure that these criminals have had a legit career just waiting for them at the time of their release. Hakuna Matata

they are in jail for a reason

so there would be no reason to pardon their crimes and there victims get nothing

for someone's birthday, releasing criminals on the population... a bit cruel, one would say, not ?

they are in jail for a reason

so there would be no reason to pardon their crimes and there victims get nothing

for someone's birthday, releasing criminals on the population... a bit cruel, one would say, not ?

Quite a few be innocent and if given a one year sentence would have committed a very minor crime, unlike LM which gets them years in a hell hole.