April fools day......

EyesWideOpen

Ah the yearly dilemma is upon the readership of Thai Visa. Every day

we are hit by headlines so strange sometimes it feels like we are living on another

planet . And then April 1st comes, and then we are forced to sharpen

our perceptions to razor levels in order to sort out the daily bizarre news from the

April Fools story that is slipped in every year...... Ok I will start looking now...

Tough call..... blink.png

1. The magic birds calling out lotto numbers ??

2. Airport employees stealing money from passengers ??

3. Orient Thai airplane emergency landing that was not an emergency landing ??

4. Replacement of martial law with the more stringent section 44 ??

Well if forced to make a guess, I think I am going to have to go

with the Japanese telling Thai tourists to treat the cherry

blossom trees better story. Although I would not bet my life

on that choice.

Wait !!!! Think I found it, a crackdown on black drug dealers on

soi 4 in Bangkok ..... I think.... Made all the more funny because

it is true. cheesy.gif Damn April 1st !!!!!!!

Costas, so what is the Greek guess ??

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

Double damn !!!!! I was sure it was the rounding up of the black criminals story,

and due to the strange choice of wording.

"Saying they were acting on complaints of black people abusing drugs and “deceiving Thai women,” over 80 police officers were sent to hunt down and round up the darker-skinned people found around Sukhumvit sois 3 to 13, Petchaburi and Ratchaprarop roads."

But now it appears that odd story has been trumped by Thaksin buying Thai Visa.

So finally have a winner, guess TV started off slow today to keep people guessing...

Guess instant ban for me if that story was true......... :-) The all time best April 1st

joke was the one about farangs over 50 would not be able to marry a young Thai

woman. I thought posters were going to have heart attacks on that one..cheesy.gif

Double damn !!!!! I was sure it was the rounding up of the black criminals story,

and due to the strange choice of wording.

"Saying they were acting on complaints of black people abusing drugs and “deceiving Thai women,” over 80 police officers were sent to hunt down and round up the darker-skinned people found around Sukhumvit sois 3 to 13, Petchaburi and Ratchaprarop roads."

But now it appears that odd story has been trumped by Thaksin buying Thai Visa.

So finally have a winner, guess TV started off slow today to keep people guessing...

Guess instant ban for me if that story was true......... :-) The all time best April 1st

joke was the one about farangs over 50 would not be able to marry a young Thai

woman. I thought posters were going to have heart attacks on that one..cheesy.gif

If true may have saved a lot of grief or future heart attacks for some giggle.gif

I think the funniest one was a few years ago: The report that, after the success of allowing people to keep their phone number when they changed providers, it would now be implemented that people could keep their Post Code when they moved house.

The huge number of people who swallowed that and embarked on a tirade of abuse against Thai authorities and Thais in general was a hoot.

There must have been a huge humble pie fest after that one.

The best one was the Culture Ministry deciding that in order to ensure Thai massage did not get a bad reputation, only women over 40 were allowed to work in the massage industry.

Same day, alcohol sales only on odd days in some provinces, even days in others, to encourage tourism in country. Thai Visa nearly broke the internet with fury that day.

I thought the best was the one a couple of years ago about Thailand switching to driving on the right hand side of the roads. All the yanks cheering it on and saying how good it would be. They were absolutely gutted when they realised they had been had.

Cheers