Japan temporarily eases ban on chartered flights from Thailand

webfact

Japan temporarily eases ban on chartered flights from Thailand

PNECO580402001000201_02042015_011215.jpg

BANGKOK, 2 April 2015 (NNT) – Japan's Civil Aviation Bureau (JCAB) and Thailand's Civil Aviation Department will sign a cooperation pact today to allow chartered flights from Thailand to enter Japan for the time being, according to Minister of Transport Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong.

ACM Prajin revealed that under the agreement, JCAB will increase scrutiny of Thai airliners. Airlines that currently operate chartered flights to Japan will need to secure the JCAB's safety check before new routes are allowed. All Thai aircraft landing in Japan will be subjected to detailed safety inspections from now until May 31.

The transport minister explained that the two months grace period will allow Thailand to address the shortcomings in its civil aviation system cited by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).

The Department of Civil Aviation will be conducting reviews of the licenses granted to Thai Smile, Thai VietJet, and Jet Asia, said ACM Prajin.

Somchai Piputvat, the director-general of the Department of Civil Aviation, is leaving for South Korea today to explain the efforts Thailand is now making to address the shortcomings cited by ICAO. Mr. Somchai will also visit China on April 8 for the same purpose.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-04-02 footer_n.gif

This is one of the reasons why they wanted to invoke article 44. P has absolute power over the carriers so he can force these companies to do what is needed and in turn Japan can agree to allow charter flights to continue until the problem is fixed. I know personally, I would not be flying any of these flights until I see new reports not made from Thais that the problem is fixed and their rating is improved

• Like 1

This is one of the reasons why they wanted to invoke article 44. P has absolute power over the carriers so he can force these companies to do what is needed and in turn Japan can agree to allow charter flights to continue until the problem is fixed. I know personally, I would not be flying any of these flights until I see new reports not made from Thais that the problem is fixed and their rating is improved

This is one of the reasons why they wanted to invoke article 44. P has absolute power over the carriers so he can force these companies to do what is needed and in turn Japan can agree to allow charter flights to continue until the problem is fixed.

Whatever you have been smoking, switch it for a lite version...................coffee1.gif

So now even Japan is getting soft?

Safety first!

Not getting soft.. more checks of the planes when they are in Japan + extra checks before leaving.

You can bet that if they find bad things its the end for the temporarily easing of the ban.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Safety first!

Not getting soft.. more checks of the planes when they are in Japan + extra checks before leaving.

You can bet that if they find bad things its the end for the temporarily easing of the ban.

I don't know the exact reasons why they banned Thai planes but i guess it wasn't only about technical issues of their planes.

Japan lost it's credibility today, i trusted them more then any other nation on the world.

The only way they can check the planes technically is before they are departing with destination Japan. If one of them crashes into Tokyo or Sapporo it's too late.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Safety first!

I don't know the exact reasons why they banned Thai planes but i guess it wasn't only about technical issues of their planes.

Japan lost it's credibility today, i trusted them more then any other nation on the world.

The only way they can check the planes technically is before they are departing with destination Japan. If one of them crashes into Tokyo or Sapporo it's too late.

Good point.. but now extra checks are required before takeoff too. But your right there is a risk.. but on the other hand if they find something they are justified to cancel the deal. Its a diplomatic solution.

Charter flight ban eases after agreement reached with Japan

2-4-2558-10-48-57-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand and Japan will sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) today that will see the easing of the charter flight ban of Thai airlines temporary.

Transport Minister Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong told journalists said that the Thai Civil Aviation Department and Japan’s Civil Aviation Bureau (JCAB) will sign the MoU today that will see flexibility on Japan’s ban briefly for two months.

Under the MoU, Japan will permit Thai carriers to continue operating charter flights to and from the country from April 2 to May 30, he said.

But Thai airlines will still not be allowed to increase regular flight services to Japan, he said.

Japan is among major Asian countries including South Korea and China that impose ban on charter flights and new services of Thai airlines after the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) had raised concern about Thailand’s aviation safety.

Thailand reportedly scored a low mark in a Universal Safety Oversight Audit Programme Inspection in January, according to the UN agency.

ACM Prajin said the agreement will require Thai airlines to report all flight disturbances to Japan during the period.

JCAB will also increase frequency of its inspection on Thai carriers covering both air and ground services.

Meanwhile, the Thai Civil Aviation Department will review operating licenses of three carriers, namely Thai Vietjet, Jet Asia Airways and Thai Smile, which reportedly fail safety check conducted by JCAB after May, ACMPrajin said.

The Civil Aviation Department will also have to address concerns raised by ICAO within three months.

The ICAO concerns cover the department’s issuance of airline license and its regulations on hazardous goods transport.

In a related development, Somchai Piputvat, Director-General of Civil Aviation Department, said he will travel South Korea, China, Australia and Germany to inform them of Thailand’s efforts to meet international standard on aviation safety.

The countries have also blocked new services of Thai carriers.

The minister will visit South Korea tomorrow and China on May 8.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/charter-flight-ban-eases-after-agreement-reached-with-japan

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-04-02

Safety first!

Sure you can trust Japan- don't they have the most comprehensive, closely monitored, open honest and successful safety procedures and systems in the world.....

"Yes, you at the back sir; your question again?....Um, Oh, nuclear power...Um, yes well..." [click]

Agreed, until ICAO has signed off on Thai aviation you won't find me on one of their airliners either.

Japan has given Thailand two months, and Thailand has set up committees (of course) and said it will take 6-8 months to sort out the problems. So, back to flight bans soon then.

Normal thai SOP.....committees first, then a study group & maybe throw in a couple of polls here & there. Then finally back to square 1, where nothing is done.bah.gif

Japan has given Thailand two months, and Thailand has set up committees (of course) and said it will take 6-8 months to sort out the problems. So, back to flight bans soon then.

Normal thai SOP.....committees first, then a study group & maybe throw in a couple of polls here & there. Then finally back to square 1, where nothing is done.bah.gif

97.38245% of the 257 people surveyed, agrees this is an excellent plan of action.