Keeping receipts

Confuscious

I am used to the Western way of keeping receipts, and in my country, one is required to keep the receipts as legal evidence for 3 years.

I would like to know what the Thai law say about this?

How many days/months/years does one need to keep their receipts (Electricity, water, rent, cable tv, phone, etc.).

TIA

The Thai way, if it no waranty on it, all bills after paying past in the waste or be blown around by the wind.

Surely it's not the law. After a time search on the web ... found nothing. I keep them from the year before and the running year. In 9 years never had to use them to proof the payment.

I'm sure there is no law obliging you to keep receipts for any time.

I only keep the receipts for items purchased and for the period a warranty applies.

But now you reminded me, I forgot to ask for a receipt for the Sin-sod that I paid my wife's parents.

Although the warranty has expired by now....................after 8 years.sad.png

• Like 1

I would recommend saving your Electric ,water and any other utility bill,

like Internet,especially if you pay them at 7-11,we once had the electricity

company send a invoice for over a year before,saying it was not paid,so

it was a good job we had still kept the receipt .

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

In my experience for most shop type purchases, anything beyond 7 days and you are lucky they'll even listen. let alone be of any use. Then they'll probably just refer you to the "manufacturer" and good luck with that, as there is no money in supposed "warranty" work so it usually get passed around from pillar to post until you give in.

• Like 1

I would recommend saving your Electric ,water and any other utility bill,

like Internet,especially if you pay them at 7-11,we once had the electricity

company send a invoice for over a year before,saying it was not paid,so

it was a good job we had still kept the receipt .

regards Worgeordie

I had the same experience as you.
In 2009, after the big flooding washed all my receipts to an unreadable bunch of paper, I received my Internet bill from TOT.
Suddenly I was 3 months behind with my payments.
I went to the TOT and explained them that I always pay my bills on time but that the receipts prior to November 2009 were destroyed by the flooding.
They did not accept any argument without showing the receipts.
So now, I keep every receipt minituously in a cabinet at the second floor.

Actually if you really want to keep them just scan as received - scan will not fade and most of us with computers have these now. My Quicken software provides this function so when record expense just make a scan if anything I might want later.

• Like 2

If it's expensive or has a warranty I keep the receipt. But I can't be bothered to keep a slip of paper every time I eat at a restaurant, shop at 7-11, or the like. Use common sense.

My question was not so much about keeping receipts from purchases or restaurants, but rather to keep the receipts from rent/electricity/water/phone/ cable/etc..

If it's expensive or has a warranty I keep the receipt. But I can't be bothered to keep a slip of paper every time I eat at a restaurant, shop at 7-11, or the like. Use common sense.

My question was not so much about keeping receipts from purchases or restaurants, but rather to keep the receipts from rent/electricity/water/phone/ cable/etc..

If it's troubling you.... keep em. Pretty easy really.

Next.....