how do I register a domain name in LOS for the wife?

davidst01

Hi,

It's not a problem to register a website here and there is absolutely no need to have a registered company to do it. My wife has 3 websites, 2 for information only and one for selling product, this she simply registered with the tax office for registering to pay tax on the 'profit'. There is no reason that anyone needs to register a business whatsoever.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

• Like 1

Anyone can register a domain name in Thailand, with the following restrictions:

.co.th must be registered for a company's actual name.

.ac.th must be registered for an academic establishment.

.or.th must be registered for an 'organisation'.

.mi.th must be registered for a military group.

.go.th must be registered for a government body.

Proof is required in each of these cases.

.in.th can be registered by anyone. A Thai national will be required to give their Thai ID number, and a non-Thai will require a work permit.

I have used these people in the past (I have no affiliation with them, other than as a customer) : http://www.thaidomainregister.com/

Prices are a tad steep (at 1,200 THB for a .in.th), compared to the $9 .com addresses we are used to.

Thanks. Helpful info.

The problem with a .com is that getting a good name is extremely difficult.

I was able to register my first name as a .in.th, and most common first names are still available to be registered - and the same applies to many common words, that have all been registered as a .com domain since the mid-1990s.

For some people, there is a lot of appeal to having a website at http://fred.co.th/ ( that's not a real name - but it's available to be registered!), rather than http://fredinsomeplacedoingsomething.com/ ...

I have never read such poor replies as I have read above. ANYONE can register any domain that they wish to have, as long as it is not taken already. Just go to GODADDY.COM and it is very easy efficient, reliable, easy to do ,inexpensive, and yours for life as long as you pay the annual fee. ($10?) I have many domains without any problem for the last 30 years. You do not have to prove anything. If it is available, it is yours. Immediately! Forget the above comments from those that have no idea how easy it is, grab your domain, and enjoy it forever. (As long as you pay the annual fee). Go Daddy is a one the major providers of domains, and you will not go wrong. (Again, I know this from 30 years of having my own domains.) I of course, have no connection to Godaddy.com other than use their services. I used others way before them, but they have grown to be the easiest. 10 minutes and you are done. They will email you each year to keep your domain in your name, so that you do not lose it. You do not want to build a business, and lose your domain. This makes it simple. Are most great .coms taken? Of course, but be creative. You will find one that it available.

I have never read such poor replies as I have read above. ANYONE can register any domain that they wish to have, as long as it is not taken already. Just go to GODADDY.COM and it is very easy efficient, reliable, easy to do ,inexpensive, and yours for life as long as you pay the annual fee. ($10?) I have many domains without any problem for the last 30 years. You do not have to prove anything. If it is available, it is yours. Immediately! Forget the above comments from those that have no idea how easy it is, grab your domain, and enjoy it forever. (As long as you pay the annual fee). Go Daddy is a one the major providers of domains, and you will not go wrong. (Again, I know this from 30 years of having my own domains.) I of course, have no connection to Godaddy.com other than use their services. I used others way before them, but they have grown to be the easiest. 10 minutes and you are done. They will email you each year to keep your domain in your name, so that you do not lose it. You do not want to build a business, and lose your domain. This makes it simple. Are most great .coms taken? Of course, but be creative. You will find one that it available.

You are completely missing the point, you cannot register a .co.th with 'godaddy'

Everyone knows you can register a .com with no problem, the op is more than likely wanting a .co.th. The replies given are good and relevant.

ANYONE can register any domain that they wish to have, as long as it is not taken already.

Complete rubbish, try registering a .com.au domain then as an example of many?... taken from wiki

'According to auDA's regulations, .com.au or .net.au domains may only be registered to Australian sole traders, businesses or companies.'

Read up before posting false info.

Edited by ryanhull
  • Like 2

It is true that most good .com names are taken. However, recently a serious number of TLDs have been created, including ".restaurant", ".info", ".ninja", ".asia" and many more. There are many good choices and they are easily registered at most domain name registrars. Personally, I would avoid a ".th" domain name.

It is true that most good .com names are taken. However, recently a serious number of TLDs have been created, including ".restaurant", ".info", ".ninja", ".asia" and many more. There are many good choices and they are easily registered at most domain name registrars. Personally, I would avoid a ".th" domain name.

Hey, I have had just had conversation today about the .custom extensions with a mate (I am a developer)... don't trust them myself 100% yet, in terms of natural SEO. Not convinced google rates them and never seem to see them in results. I set our las a good .com up last year which she did absolutely nothing with lol

thanks

Wouldn't touch a Thai domain either for many reasons, but depends on your business model and target audience. Are you selling beauty stuff? sell you my .com for 3 Chang

Edited by ryanhull