Article 44 'not a problem,' says Prayut

webfact

if your not happy here, nothing is stopping you moving. A lot of things he is doing is good for Thailand and who gives a damn what Europe or the US say, time they got there own house in order before looking at other countries.

if he is head of the Government for the next 5-10 yrs you never know it might be a good thing

"if your not happy here, nothing is stopping you moving"

My love of my wife, children and grandchildren stop me from moving, I'm not here on holiday.

I'm quite happy here actually, I'm just not happy with article 44.

Is there a law that says I have to be 100% happy in order to stay here?

• Like 2

if your not happy here, nothing is stopping you moving. A lot of things he is doing is good for Thailand and who gives a damn what Europe or the US say, time they got there own house in order before looking at other countries.

if he is head of the Government for the next 5-10 yrs you never know it might be a good thing

"if your not happy here, nothing is stopping you moving"

My love of my wife, children and grandchildren stop me from moving, I'm not here on holiday.

I'm quite happy here actually, I'm just not happy with article 44.

Is there a law that says I have to be 100% happy in order to stay here?

Not yet.

• Like 2

You may not, but the Thai people want their vote to count. And though western nations have declined over the years, they would never invoke something as draconian as Article 44. Putting all your trust in one person is never a good thing. And a person who is rather sensitive, emotional and less than impartial, will not move the country forward.

"if your not happy here, nothing is stopping you moving." - the sad thing about this is that the poster seems to be unaware of what a cliched irrelevant hackneyed and facile argument this is - in fact it isn't actually an argument.

And trying to justify or mitigate the faults ofone country bby citing the faults of another is equally not an argument.

"if he is head of the Government for the next 5-10 yrs you never know it might be a good thing" - and this just about sums up the posters limited ability to assess the situation in Thailand. Some people will "never know"

• Like 2

Of course he has been in a good mood since last night. He's officially God now.

Nope ... he is above God

yep god now answers to him and article 44 now gives him the power to revoke that restraining order the devil has out on him.
  • Like 1

The noose is slowly tightening. Sort of sad to watch actually.

For years , due to the inherent volatility of this country,

the rule of thumb for savvy expats was to never invest

more here than you could just leave behind and jump on a jet

to leave when things turned to shit. That concept may prove

to be prophetic..........

Regarding raising children here, take a tip from the rich Thais,

who all send their children abroad to be educated.The Thais

fully realize how poor the education system is here.

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

It might be a problem now. The U.S. just said they weren't to happy about it. And I sure other countries are not either.

link! ...... where the US said not too happy about it.

Thailand martial law replacement criticised by US

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32157204

yea but apart from that link do you have a link.

I still have never seen anything from an identified official of the US state department criticizing use of Article 44. Anonymous leakers are not official statements of US policy. When an unidentified source is used, it means the person making the statement is unauthorized and the comment is basically off the record.

So far, the orders imposed under Article 44 are basically the same emergency decrees issued by Chalerm during the shutdown Bangkok protests. Prayuth hasn't used the Article 44 orders yet to punish dissent, so we'll see where this goes.