The Worst Singers, Songs, and Musicians.

Nickmar. Sorry mate, IMO, Hendrix was never a singer. The three I mentioned, that was just me being lighthearted.

Yes, Elvis got fat during the last year or two in his life, he was full of prescription drugs, but you will never see his like again.

Your first example of a bad musician is Stevie Wonder?

Instant topic-fail.

Actually, it isn't, he is a fine musician, but he should keep his mouth well away from a microphone.

Really! He's a great singer.

I respect you opinion, but I just hate his singing voice.

May be a unpopular nomination but the whole Billy Joel catalog. I have heard better and more tasteful advertisements for kitty litter. No emotion, no soul, no melody, no staying in tune, just recordings to accompany the jingle jangle of money in his pocket..

I apologize to all his admirers however .....................................

Don't apologize. Just get educated.

Heres one to help you. Tell the guys in in the video who were involved in 9/11 just how uninspiring Billy joel is.

P.S. This is him 20 years after hitting top form.

20 years previous.

Can't play piano either ?

Edited by berybert

One of the most god awful songs in the recorded annals of human history. So much so that it's earned its way into my personal arsenal of subtle cues to my colleagues. When one sends a proposal or suggestion that is cheesy or just unspeakingly bad I reply with this link -- and then they know. smile.png

Your first example of a bad musician is Stevie Wonder?

Instant topic-fail.

Actually, it isn't, he is a fine musician, but he should keep his mouth well away from a microphone.

Really! He's a great singer.

I respect you opinion, but I just hate his singing voice.

Agreed, can't stand Stevie Wonder I want to puck when I hear, "i just called to say I love you" IMHO

Edited by bartender100
  • Like 1

And he couldn't write a decent song.

If you think i am needing to be educated because our opinions and tastes in music differ then so be it. I have heard enough of him to know i will not suddenly discover him as my my musical tastes evolve. There are far better and more talented musos out there that i will be listening to .

And he couldn't write a decent song.

If you think i am needing to be educated because our opinions and tastes in music differ then so be it. I have heard enough of him to know i will not suddenly discover him as my my musical tastes evolve. There are far better and more talented musos out there that i will be listening to .

I really liked 'Uptown Girl'.

Nickmar. Sorry mate, IMO, Hendrix was never a singer. The three I mentioned, that was just me being lighthearted.

Yes, Elvis got fat during the last year or two in his life, he was full of prescription drugs, but you will never see his like again.

aye, hendrix was no singer but he was a god with a guitar. anyway, its saturday morning so a bit of stan getz i think.

aye, hendrix was no singer but he was a god with a guitar. anyway, its saturday morning so a bit of stan getz i think.

He wasn't actually, most of those fancy sounds were made by different foot pedals.

Eric Clapton was a far better guitarist.

He wasn't actually, most of those fancy sounds were made by different foot pedals.

Nonsense. I'd like to hear you do the same thing with them.

Hendrix was awesome. Clapton is just boring.

And Phil Collins is not such a horrible singer I guess, he was very successful with cloying pop. Absolutely just not on a Genesis album. Should have stuck to drums and when Gabriel left Genesis disbanded.

Edited by arunsakda

Clapton was indeed a guitar god, but unfortunately he decided that he wanted to be a singer...

Twice some brown nosed Musical Express journalists elected him Singer of the year.

How sad, as our god could not sing, at best he could whisper a song (f ex Tears in heaven or Wonderful tonight).

May I nominate him for Worst Singer Ever? And if he likes to "sing" in his spare time, I advise him to go to a Thai karaoke bar - at least there his "singing" would not be out of place.

And all that because our guitar god was jealous of Jack Bruce....

PS. We just started our European tour, it is cold & rainy & windy, that explains my mood....

One of the most god awful songs in the recorded annals of human history. So much so that it's earned its way into my personal arsenal of subtle cues to my colleagues. When one sends a proposal or suggestion that is cheesy or just unspeakingly bad I reply with this link -- and then they know. smile.png

Absolutely! What always got me was the guitar solo. He plays it once, then plays it a second time exactly note for note. Did he think we didn't hear it the first time?

Nonsense. I'd like to hear you do the same thing with them.

Hendrix was awesome. Clapton is just boring.

Clapton maybe wasn't the greatest, but he was a better singer than Hendrix (almost anybody is) and certainly a better guitarist.

Possum, Possum, Possum slow down!!

You are putting down almost every great songster of the past 80 years. Frank Sinatra - what a great voice, Stevie Wonder also, ad infinium.

You started this thread and then went on about how the people were dressed. Of course they were dressed like that, that was the fashion then. And i am sure those are not bananas....

Billy Joel - She's always a woman to me is one of the most beautiful songs on this Planet.

To be honest, i think the Beatles screeched alot, even though we have sung their songs for decades.

Look at Luke Kelly of the Dubliners, or rotten teeth of the Pogues. They couldn't sing - but they got their point across in their lyrics and presence.

And if you start on my Bruce.....angry.gif

Edited by Patsycat