Prayuth speaks English with bikini-clad tourists (video)

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Here we are...wishing more Thai people could speak english, but making fun of them when they do. I don't remember one Thai person that ever made fun of me when I mangled my Thai phrases. If they did, it would humiliate me, and make me want to stop trying.

Who studied in the USA?

I'm just glad that he tried to speak English.. More Thais should try it AND more foreigners should desist from commenting harshly when the Thais try it!

Couldn't agree more with you casualbiker. It seems all Thais, regardless of their station in life are going to mocked and ridiculed by some of the members here for trying to speak English. Of course these keyboard warriors know-it-alls speak Thai with 100% fluency and can't be ridiculed by the Thais and therefore feel no shame about hypocrisy.

You both make a valid point. We can't really expect Thai people to speak perfect English, and should be glad when they make the attempt. Dear Leader has been a military man his whole life and I wouldn't really expect him to speak much English at all. He's never had the incentive to learn it. I just gave the Yingluck example in the interest of balance; we shouldn't be biased about this sort of thing should we?

In order for the comparison to be balanced then the english education level should be the same. Yingluck is ridiculed for her lack of English because , as already mentioned, she has a degree from the USA. In my opinion it is not logical to hold any thai that has not obtained a degree from an english speaking country to the same standards. I have met thais that have lived in the USA for several years and had very little english skills because they came to the usa late in life and stayed around the thai community. However the thais in the same family that attended school for at least a year spoke pretty good english.

I would expect the same from any native english speakers in thailand. Those that live and associate with english speaking people will have very little thai ability but those that obtain a degree from a thai university should speak thai fluently.

• Like 2

in ko tao murder, he said the victim exposed themselves indecently, but here in those fat women, it is ok ?

wow, saw the video, a taxi driver speaks as good english as him ...

it's good to take the power, no don't have to prove anything about your worthiness

Edited by maidee

in ko tao murder, he said the victim exposed themselves indecently, but here in those fat women, it is ok ?

it's good to take the power, no don't have to prove anything about your worthiness

After the Koh Tao murder he said that women can't be safe in bikinis, unless they are unattractive. So fatties in bikinis is ok thumbsup.gif

In fact, isn't 'only fat chicks should wear bikinis' one of the twelve virtues? I have a hard time remembering them all....

So in your opinion worthiness gets down to being able to speak your or another language? Gee I guess there are a lot of peace keeper and Nobel peace laureates that aren't worthy then..

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I stand with Gen. Prayuth: IN ANY LANGUAGE ! ! !

wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cAx1lGI2wn7 alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20> wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4XwDTX7uci alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20> wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cAx1lGI2wn7 alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

A good Fies is a deepfreeze

"The year is 1965 and little Prayuth is sitting in English class ... reading a Thai comic book......"

And you were studying Thai or Chinese as a child? Please.

I studied Indonesian in high school. But anyway ... why do you think there were no English lessons in Thai classrooms in 1965? "Please"

"The year is 1965 and little Prayuth is sitting in English class ... reading a Thai comic book......"

And you were studying Thai or Chinese as a child? Please.

I studied Indonesian in high school. But anyway ... why do you think there were no English lessons in Thai classrooms in 1965? "Please"

Mainly because I think Prayuth's early schooling was temple school, they have limited English even now!

Also why do YOU think there were English lessons in 1965. You asked any older Thais?

Also : you studied Indonesian in highschool in 1965?

Edited by casualbiker

Here we are...wishing more Thai people could speak english, but making fun of them when they do. I don't remember one Thai person that ever made fun of me when I mangled my Thai phrases. If they did, it would humiliate me, and make me want to stop trying.

Of course they made fun of you. You just didn't understand what they were saying! I don't let on to how much I understand is being said, primarily because it's a hoot to hear what they think I don't understand.

Listen closely when something is directed at you, you don't respond, and then listen to the conversation after that. lol