Easter Dinner

pegman

Easter dinner means different things to different people. For me it is memories of home and family and mom baking a ham and various types of pies. I would look for a restaurant that serves ham off the bone, lamb, pork, etc. with all trimmings and a nice selection of pies.

• Like 1

Am curious as to what exactly comprises an "Easter Dinner". Please let us know.

Back in Canada it was much like Thanksgiving or Chrismas dinners but the main feature was a big cooked ham.

• Like 1

Am curious as to what exactly comprises an "Easter Dinner". Please let us know.

For me this is the real Easter Dinner.

Lamp on the roast, Greek salad, Oven roasted potatoes and eggs painted red and lots and lots of nice wine.

attachicon.giflamp.jpg

attachicon.giflamp 2.jpg

It seems to me Costas that "lots and lots of nice wine" is a feature of most Greek meals.biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Mind you, that Retsina doesn't travel so well....

New season roast lamb followed by hot cross buns and chocolate Easter eggs perhaps?

Posted from my phone using predictive text, please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors.

On the subject of Predictive Text, how can I GET RID of it???? drives me crazy!!!

New season roast lamb followed by hot cross buns and chocolate Easter eggs perhaps?

Posted from my phone using predictive text, please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors.

On the subject of Predictive Text, how can I GET RID of it???? drives me crazy!!!

stop using your phone :)

I'm not aware that UK households do anything special for Easter. Mine never did. Just a re-run of the classic Sunday roast like any other bank holiday.

In America it is a major holiday like Thanksgiving and Xmas. School break, families and friends travel and dinner is special. The menu would be similar to the English Sunday roast but perhaps more elaborate and perhaps the inclusion of turkey.

• Like 2

I do recall having a special Easter cake/bread with red painted hard-boiled eggs in it with some Greek friends many, many years ago in Australia but have never seen it since.

Hot-cross buns were a special thing growing up in the UK as were pancakes on one day of Easter but that's about it.