How to promote tourism in Thailand.Not!

lavender19

Last night I was sitting have a meal and a beer in my favourite place in a sleepy little beach resort outside Chumphon.

There was about 20 people in the place when in marches 5 junta/government lakkies.7 army and about 10 police outside.

The junta /government jobs worth's were lecturing the 2 owners while the army and some other hangers on were going around flashing photo's of every one.

This rattled a few of the tourist who drank up and left plus 4 people who were going to come in turned around and walked off.

The bars on this beach have had a pretty bad season already tourist wise and they could do without this type of intimidation.

And what was it all about?

They had one Chang menu holder behind the bar.You can not promote alcohol in this pathetic country anymore you see

(I wonder what all the large alcohol promoted events are going to do?)

and as a consenting adult if you out having a meal and its one minute past 2 in the afternoon you can not get a drink.

You would think with all the murders and drug related crime here the 20 or so people going around frightening tourist could find better things to do.

Overkill is an understatement.

As I said what Totally Pathetic Country this is becoming.While the rest of Asia is storming ahead this draconian ruled place is regressing very fast

• Like 2

Thailand is going to die as a tourist destination. I don't know a single person here in the US who would go there anymore and my family is in the travel business. My own Thai wife is furious over what is going on there and refuses to go back anymore. Sad what the corruption and just basic stupidity has done to that country.

• Like 2

OP, I totally agree with you.

Sorry for repeating it again on this forum, but it's time for you to pack your bags and go home.

I'm staying.

Hi Costas, would you mind posting a photo of your feet?

Always funny when someone complains about enforcing laws.

It can be done in an effective and more delicate manner though, if they would use a bit of brain activity before executing the orders.

making a big show if it is the thai way

1) Thailand has plenty of tourist, it is the quality of the tourists ( and the amount of money they have to spend ) that has decreased, not the number of tourists

2) Costas you are an intelligent poster and know the "go home" phrase is way over used here and goes without saying for those who hate it here! ( at least try to find a new way to say it!)

3) Wen posters annoy and insult each other in a public post, it usually means they have nothing on topic to add to the post, When it's time for a personal insult, save it for a PM, yes, a personal message for a personal insult.