Thai Police highlights its success in supporting Gov't security policy

Lite Beer

Thai Police highlights its success in supporting Gov't security policy

BANGKOK, 4 April 2015 (NNT) - Thai Police have utterly supported security work of the Government and the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) in all aspects which has culminated in a decline of crimes, the national police chief Pol Gen Somyot Pumpunmuang summarized the 10-month result of police work in a television program “Returning Happiness to the People”.

The police have cooperated with the Metropolitan Electricity Authority and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, in installing lightings in 366 locations and and CCTV cameras at 283 locations in order to reduce crimes and accidents in Bangkok.

In another success, the police have arrested members of suspected illegal gangsters involved in prostitution and forced labour in the fisheries sector. It has conducted vigorously inspection of fishing factories, leading to the release of a number of persons in risk of human trafficking.

Moreover, the Marine Police Division, the Immigration Police, the Fisheries Department, and the Marine Department - have been assigned to thoroughly inspect fishing vessels in twenty two coastal provinces and support the establishment of "One Stop Service for Fisheries Workers".

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-04-04 footer_n.gif

>>The police have cooperated with the Metropolitan Electricity Authority and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, in installing lightings in 366 locations <<Quote

So the officers can sit on their fat backsides in the airconned police booths playing with the remotes to the traffic lights, and making the chaos even worse................

A success indeed!!

Funny stuff. A lot of what Prayut has done is to gut the income to the police

from their corruption activities. So instead of cutting off the head of the viper,

he has basically cut down the food source to the viper. What happened to Pongpat

was a good example.

So now the police are happy their feet have been

held to the fire ?? Man you could not make this stuff up. I suspect at

this point the police are terrified of being gutted from the bottom to the

top, given their past horrendous history. So now time to suck up to

Prayut and hope he does not wake up one day and decide to REALLY

reform the police, not the namby pamby reforms from the past.....

from their corruption activities. So instead of cutting off the head of the viper,

he has basically cut down the food source to the viper. What happened to Pongpat

was a good example.

What happened to Pongpat

was a good example.

Nothing to do with corruption whatsoever, he was removed for other reasons..................whistling.gif

Headline would have read so much better if they could have said "successes"...but that'd stretch credibility way too far.

>>In another success,<<Quote from the OP..........................rolleyes.gif

was a good example.

Yes, it seems as if a little C.Y.A. is in play here.

(Cover Your A-- )

was a good example.

Your eyes may be wide open, but you seem to be looking through rose colored glasses.

I am sure the General has good intentions, but he has not been able to do much (yet) to tackle real corruption... probably because the source is a little too close to home. I don't think those who believe that Pongpat is a good example understand the real situation in Thailand.

Right now, we have a lot of talk about things like human trafficking, forest encroachment, etc. but until we see more police and armed forces 'big guys' being prosecuted I can't see anything changing. Come on General, we are all counting on you. Thailand needs someone with the balls to stand up to these guys.

• Like 1

was a good example.

What happened to Pongpat

was a good example.

Nothing to do with corruption whatsoever, he was removed for other reasons..................whistling.gif

Am fully aware of the other reasons, as you are. However the fact remains

he was a very high ranking policeman ( pretty sure the CIB is a division of

the police) who was caught with a mountain of money

and items of value, and was stripped of it. So theories of why it happened make

for a wide ranging discussion, but the reality is it did happen. This would have

unthinkable before Prayut took power. Prior to him it was always a few little

fishes put into inactive posts. And no, do not construe that statement as support

for Prayut, I actually feel he has gone off the rails. But it does show how

changeable things are here.

If you think it was not corruption, then that means he was a bagman, which leads

to a whole lot of other interesting ideas.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

was a good example.

Your eyes may be wide open, but you seem to be looking through rose colored glasses.

I am sure the General has good intentions, but he has not been able to do much (yet) to tackle real corruption... probably because the source is a little too close to home. I don't think those who believe that Pongpat is a good example understand the real situation in Thailand.

Right now, we have a lot of talk about things like human trafficking, forest encroachment, etc. but until we see more police and armed forces 'big guys' being prosecuted I can't see anything changing. Come on General, we are all counting on you. Thailand needs someone with the balls to stand up to these guys.

The sun will rise tomorrow, and just as certainly there will be no armed forces big guys

prosecuted for anything. According to numerous news reports the military were

involved in the trafficking of the Rohingya in south Thailand . So to appear to be doing something about this issue due to their fear of being downgraded by America to another lower trafficking level,

3 I think, they will be forced to give up a few junior officers....

• Like 1

was a good example.

What happened to Pongpat

was a good example.

for a wide ranging discussion, but the reality is it did happen. This would have

fishes put into inactive posts. And no, do not construe that statement as support

If you think it was not corruption, then that means he was a bagman, which leads

I know what you you are saying but I suggest that no matter which govt was in place this would have happened, after all the years of Nelsonian blind eyes, because the factors we can't discuss would have forced the issue.

Being a Police Officer wherever you are you don't have much option as who you work for, whether it is a Democratically elected Government or a Junta installed at the point of a gun and laws of equal strength , if you do have a concern you can always leave, sometimes those options are not always practical , so you uphold the law so what has changed , probably you now have to present a better type of policing while the strict military discipline is abound , that will deteriorate when or if Democracy returns to Thailand. Same old Thailand same old tired B/S. coffee1.gif

was a good example.

What happened to Pongpat

was a good example.

There is no doubt he was a corrupt, lying thief, much like most serior Police, Military, Politicians or businessmen ... but if you think that ANY of what is happening now is purely down to "upholding the law" or "eradicating corruption" you are sadly deluded.

It is purely "cleaning house", mostly from the other side, thinning the ranks to ensure the power of one side remains unchallenged and so that when a certain event happens in the future, things don't go completely off the rails. That event is likely to happen before any elections are held.

• Like 2

was a good example.

What happened to Pongpat

was a good example.

So far that was the only high profile case and for a different reason. Since then, lots of rumbling but have anyone seen a high profile personality and uniform being charged? Until we see sentencing and behind bars, reserve your praise. We ain't see nothing yet.

This, anywhere else would be called 'Bragging" like when I tell my wife what a great husband I am. I live almost in Jomtien and often travel Threpasit Road, a long distance to Sukhumvit, and, never have I ever seen a policeman ! Once I heard them firing guns hitting 2 teenaged shoplifters and a female Russian tourist. I am surprised they didn't arrest the tourist for obstructing justice !

• Like 1

The best police in the world, money can buy.

You man of little faith!!

Khun Somyot quoted in the OP, was handpicked for his position by your hero Mr P...............coffee1.gif

2014-08-20

"The Royal Thai Police Board today appointed Deputy Police Chief Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmoung as the country's new national police chief.

Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha, army chief and National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) head chaired the Police Board considering the appointment of the 10th National Police Commissioner at Royal Thai Army Headquarters in Bangkok this morning."

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=53f449febe04703b818b4571#.VSENuxpvCls

was a good example.

What happened to Pongpat

was a good example.

So far that was the only high profile case and for a different reason. Since then, lots of rumbling but have anyone seen a high profile personality and uniform being charged? Until we see sentencing and behind bars, reserve your praise. We ain't see nothing yet.

I can understand your impatience, my dear Eric. Some have it that the NCPO should just wave it's magic A44 wand and throw a few in jail, just like that. Unfortunately those same would then complain about the undemocratic use of A44 and the near dictatorial character of the NCPO.

So I guess we'll wait till people are charged, due process completed and if found guilty ... ...

allow them to appeal, pay bail ... ... and after a last appeal still convicted of a crime and sentenced finally put in jail, in about five to ten years from now.

Democratic processes, marvellous, truly.

was a good example.

What happened to Pongpat

was a good example.

What ever the reasons behind his and his cronies removal, they were corrupt. Very corrupt.

Other corrupt people, who also thought they were untouchable, must now be worried.