Buy a custom made Tuk Tuk

Osa

Hi!

Is anyone know the place where usual person can order similar Tuk-Tuk?

It's interesting to find either individual engineers who can transform the usual one for adequate price or local factories. Where to look? How? Help me, please!

L3fuDBf1.jpg

sWBsvHrA.jpg

I see one tuk tuk nanufactor company last year in center of udon Thani city

Aprox 45 k for a new one

In Udonthani they make Skylabs, not the ones on the picture.

You need something like this: www.tuktukfactory.com

Btw have you heard of Google? It's a search website and can be useful now and then.

Edited by Mcffee
  • Like 2

fish fingers, no just usual one is enough.

Sandman77, do you think they could produce something like on the photos above?

Mcfee, thank you darling, but it's the first result from Google. And I'm trying to find local engineers and factories, not overpriced European productions (yes, they have Dutch guy in head) like this.

Edited by Osa

There's a tuk-tuk factory in Chiang Mai, but don't remember the name right off. My wife and I went one time just out of curiosity. Had a brand new one in pink & white, 60cc gas motor, drop down side and back shades. Cool as hell. Was tempted to buy it for my wife for local running around.

• Like 1

Those ones they make in Udon Thani drive just as badly as one would expect by their appearance. Main plus with the Samlors they make in Udon is they are pretty slow if your relatives like to drink it keeps them out of as much trouble. The real Tuk Tuks are pretty fast.

I did find a number of places that made them by having my wife search using Google but searching in Thai. As usual, nobody bothered to respond to the email enquiries though. (Why have a website if you are too lazy to reply to customers?)

I am not sure about licensing them in Thailand, somebody told me that there was some difficulty to license them. Maybe an extra "fee" would solve that problem.

I would avoid anything made in China, the quality is complete S*** and there is no product support. My BIL has a China copy of a Honda Wave. Junk and we wait three months every time we need any parts for it.

If you want one in Aus, can you ship the various parts in and build it as a homebuilt motorcycle? Can do this in the USA.

Edited by VMOMMO
  • Like 1

I see one tuk tuk nanufactor company last year in center of udon Thani city

Aprox 45 k for a new one

In Udonthani they make Skylabs, not the ones on the picture.

You need something like this: www.tuktukfactory.com

Btw have you heard of Google? It's a search website and can be useful now and then.

Indeed, the factory in Udon Thani manufactures "Skylabs".

But, they can do anything, including sell you a remanufactured TukTuk. or a new TukTuk, or change your TukTuk, or.......whatever.

The price of a new "Skylab" is around 65,000 baht, a new TukTuk around 450,000 baht.

As far as I know.........

See the pics.

Tornado is the "skylab"

Price around 65,000 baht, or more depending on changes you ,ight like to incorporate.

Like a bigger seat for the driver, double batteries.

A friend even changed the standard 150 cc engine into a 400 cc Honda engine.

Now that was a surprise to drive, speedwise.

The Little Elephant is something else, but fun to drive around town.

65,000 baht or so.

Do remember however, all 3-wheel thingies, except the real TukTuk, are noit eligible to get a number plate & registration, they can, however, be insured in the road fund.

post-33954-0-93028100-1428314280_thumb.j

post-33954-0-36030600-1428314300_thumb.j

Edited by hansnl

I think it might be worth considering buying a welder and make your own.

If it were me then the wheels would be two at the front and 1 at the back (donor being a being trailing arm and engine from a 'big bike'.

Sandman77, I prefer to put the cost of production + 10% for their interest. Not 200% :)

fish fingers, looks good. They might have taste! Do you have any contact details like web-site or exact address? Because now it's only an approximate mark on the map near Ekkamai 2 Alley.

daffanny, marked it, thank you!

yellowboat, in that case I'll better build a tuk-tuk with my left foot : )

VMOMMO, thanks a lot! I asked all the factories via mail - same situation - no responses. That's why I'm trying to find at least exact information about ability to build it before going somewhere far far away and find out that "Sorry sorry, no have".

hansnl, thank you for the information! I like the idea but unfortunately not realization...

khunianb, good, wrote to them!

post-166605-0-16356700-1428336961_thumb.I've had this one for about 15 years and since I've made a move from Thailand, i'm thinking of selling it. Drop me a note if interested or I'll dig around for the name of the guy that built it as I know he makes them still.

post-166605-0-16356700-1428336961_thumb.

Edited by stewsan

I think it might be worth considering buying a welder and make your own.

If it were me then the wheels would be two at the front and 1 at the back (donor being a being trailing arm and engine from a 'big bike'.

That would be a Can-am then