Tropical storms, hail to affect Thailand this week

webfact

Tropical storms, hail to affect Thailand this week

BANGKOK, 6 April 2015 (NNT) – The Meteorological Department has forecast higher temperatures in the upper part of Thailand and hot to very hot weather across the country this week.

From 7-11 April, a high pressure system from China will move to the upper part of the country and the South China Sea, resulting in tropical storms in the northern, northeastern, central and eastern regions. Thunderstorms, gusts and hail storms are expected in some areas.

The department warned people to take care of themselves following hot to very hot weather and avoid staying outside for a long time. It added that tropical storm Maysak near the northern Philippines would dissipate on 7 April off southern coast of China. The storm would have no impact on Thailand.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-04-06 footer_n.gif

It will help re-clean the air, following the rain 10-15 days ago, Chiang Mai has been getting smoggy again in-the-meanwhile !

Yes....I went out for the lunar eclipse on the 4th, but the moon never came back.

Seems like between that, and the 7 Eleven 90 day reporting (the forum's april fool's joke), that I have be doing a lot of standing around and waiting.

• Like 1

I'm trying to follow the OP article... and admittedly never earned my degree in meteorology.

But wouldn't having "hot to very hot weather across the country this week" be kind of inconsistent with also predicting thunderstorms and in particular HAIL, given that hail is ice???

• Like 1

Someone is not reading the story, "Hail to affect Thailand this weekend"

Yet the last line reads, "tropical storm from China not to affect Thailand " So make up your mind. Is there or isn't there going to be a weather pattern thats going to effect the northern part of Thailand this weekend? I'm getting tired of reading these

conflicting reports. They kind of match the conflicting reports of the Government in action!

• Like 1

Someone is not reading the story, "Hail to affect Thailand this weekend"

Yet the last line reads, "tropical storm from China not to affect Thailand " So make up your mind. Is there or isn't there going to be a weather pattern thats going to effect the northern part of Thailand this weekend? I'm getting tired of reading these

conflicting reports. They kind of match the conflicting reports of the Government in action!

There is nothing conflicting about it at all.

There is a cell which is going to affect Thailand this week.

The cyclone currently off the Philippines will dissipate before reaching the coast, and will have no affect on Thailand.

• Like 1

I would love to spend songkran in the rain.

I've never seen rain over songkran (9 years here so far), but have often wondered if they'd run for cover and the streets empty.

It really poured down late one afternoon during songkran in 2013.

As I was halfway back to the car, watching people running from the rain, it seemed a bit odd as we'd been pouring water over each other all day.

Bring it on!!! tongue.png

I would love to spend songkran in the rain.

I've never seen rain over songkran (9 years here so far), but have often wondered if they'd run for cover and the streets empty.

It really poured down late one afternoon during songkran in 2013.

As I was halfway back to the car, watching people running from the rain, it seemed a bit odd as we'd been pouring water over each other all day.

Bring it on!!! tongue.png

That's because the rainwater wasn't that greeny-brown gunk many seem to love playing with...

I'm trying to follow the OP article... and admittedly never earned my degree in meteorology.

But wouldn't having "hot to very hot weather across the country this week" be kind of inconsistent with also predicting thunderstorms and in particular HAIL, given that hail is ice???

Try this link. It should explain hail for you. Click on the word "video" below.

VIDEO

• Like 1

bring it on! I got hundreds of trees that would be most appreciative.

After the hail storm we had on Monday night of LAST week ( the 30th of March ) in Prakhon Chai, we've got NO trees left. It's like someone's gone over the land with a chain saw or similar. 15 houses in the village flattened too so don't be too eager.....

Click on the website below to see what's coming your way. Once you're there click on "earth" to bring up the menu. Check the Wind @ Surface + Total Cloud Water.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/stereographic=97.91,16.34,3000

Nice. Thanks.

I brought up the earth window but clicking on the other icons didn't do anything. Not sure what to expect.

• 2 weeks later...

Click on the website below to see what's coming your way. Once you're there click on "earth" to bring up the menu. Check the Wind @ Surface + Total Cloud Water.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/stereographic=97.91,16.34,3000

Here is another interesting website. It reports lightning real time. It has an app for a smartphone and tablet.

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime