American arrested, 2 injured, in multi-vehicle road crash in Pattaya

webfact

Like I said. If she didn't escape the mob we would probably be reading about a lynching.

Lucky the police protected her from that second mob.

I was unfortunate to see a similar mob kill a guy after the police cuffed the guy.

Must be terrifying to be cuffed and besten to death.

You must be joking , did she kill someone ? Even if you have seen lynching taking place before doesnt mean it wil happen here just because a crazy driver hit some cars , if she killed someone maybe some family members would like to kill her but this is not something you see every day.

• Like 1

I watched a Thai mob kill a farang.

Farang was an angry drunk and acting up, yelling at people, making a scene. The guy was being an a-hole but I don't think he deserved to have his head caved in.

The police showed up, handcuffed the guy.... then and the mob attacked & police stood back.

5 or 6 Thai guys violently kicking his head and clubbing his skull with a heavy piece of wood while he was handcuffed.

This happened in front of a hotel, all caught on video too.

Thais are only good at fighting in mobs never on a one on one.whistling.gif

I dunno about that, I've seen some Thai's that are well handy in a street fight, one was a small Thai guy against a big fat Farang covered in Tatoos who thought he was tough, got his azz handed to him by the 5' 4" Thai guy.

Edited by Banzai99

Like I said. If she didn't escape the mob we would probably be reading about a lynching.

Lucky the police protected her from that second mob.

I was unfortunate to see a similar mob kill a guy after the police cuffed the guy.

Must be terrifying to be cuffed and besten to death.

I think.... your guilt of being unable to help that guy whom you witnessed being beaten to death really etched a deep imprint in you.

No one can know why the American girl ran away and knocked every car in her path. Except you. Perhaps she ran away after being fed daily horror stories from you about 'angry Thai mobs'.

I don't know man..... james.... maybe you should just "go home". There, I have said it.

I don't feel it's a good thing for Thailand to continue to host someone who believes that running away from a traffic accident is the right thing to do. (But blames the Thais for his belief).

And you actually liken Thais to 'a pack of dogs'.... . Man, you have absolutely zero respect for the people nor their land which you are living off on. Seriously. Much as I regret to point this out to you. (And in clear violation of forum rules, btw).

The guy was beaten to death by a Thai mob. Thats right. Police cuffed the guy and turned him loose to the Thai mob.

That American lady that took off did the right thing. Luckily that second mob was stopped by police or that lady would have been lynched too.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes. She panicked and drove off. You would too if a mob came at you.

Again.....she admits to panicking after the initial collision.....no mention of a mob congregating after that one. After she was eventually stopped then a mob formed largely down to the fact she could have killed dozens of people. I'm failing to see how you're failing to grasp this other than you're reluctant to accept that she was in the wrong.

but she didn't kill dozens of people did she, yes i know, could have, would have, should have, fact is this post is full of drama queens.

Have you ever considered a car being a weapon, when in wrong hands? It truly is one...wai2.gif

especially when i'm driving but i always have some chocolate biscuits with me, if you offer that to a mob it calms them down.

• Like 1

Im really starting to feel ashamed being associated with the "farang" name here in LOS with these nutters coming here dragging the West name through the mud.

No wonder some Thais hate Farang, I would as well....

• Like 2

It is possible she simply panicked big time and it escalated out of control. In Africa you might be wise not to stop in case of a road accident, even when it is against the law, you drive directly to your embassy and then report.

I could be wrong, but the last time I checked, Thailand is not in Africa.

especially when i'm driving but i always have some chocolate biscuits with me, if you offer that to a mob it calms them down.

I carry Sam Song, dried squid and Barry White CDs....................................biggrin.png

• Like 2

I carry Sam Song, dried squid and Barry White CDs....................................biggrin.png

CD's are good but you have to play them Thai style,1000 watt full blast and bass full on

• Like 1

I see this story has made the News in Australia, on News.com.au, and they ask the question - "Is this the worlds' worse driver" ?

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/police-shoot-out-tyres-after-american-tourist-crashes-into-13-vehicles-while-driving-wrong-way/story-fnizu68q-1227294993716

I don't think she is the worlds' worse driver but I would like to know what she was under the influence of when she started her demolition derby.

Im really starting to feel ashamed being associated with the "farang" name here in LOS with these nutters coming here dragging the West name through the mud.

No wonder some Thais hate Farang, I would as well....

reminds me of Stanley Holloway's ''Albert and the Lion'' somehow

They didn't think much of the ocean

the waves were all 'spiddlin' and small

There were no ship wrecks and nobody drownded

fact nothing to laugh at at all.

• Like 1

That is a quite difficult question. You park your car after colliding with a motorbike and there lies a Thai or two in agony on the road. Police is not yet there and the angry mob starts forming around you...might not be so easy to just stand there.

Totally agree, but if you have the top insurance just lock all the doors and call your insurance company and wait until they arrive and clean up the mess.

Don't even try to get out of the car and try to calm down a Thai mob who is ready to punish the falang driver who always is wrong in all accidents in Thailand.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes. She panicked and drove off. You would too if a mob came at you.

Again.....she admits to panicking after the initial collision.....no mention of a mob congregating after that one. After she was eventually stopped then a mob formed largely down to the fact she could have killed dozens of people. I'm failing to see how you're failing to grasp this other than you're reluctant to accept that she was in the wrong.

but she didn't kill dozens of people did she, yes i know, could have, would have, should have, fact is this post is full of drama queens.
So in your opinion driving down the wrong side of the road, smashing into 13 cars, knocking two motorcyclists off their bikes is fine and dandy. She committed numerous crimes and if it was in the nations of our births would almost certainly be going to prison....there's no drama about that merely facts.

Shouldn't the mob that was chasing her be held accountable?

I think so.

My suspicions confirmed. Sir, you need treatment. You are nuts

• Like 2

Typically a mob of angry Thais would assault and kick a persons head in after an accident so maybe she did the smart thing?

That is a quite difficult question. You park your car after colliding with a motorbike and there lies a Thai or two in agony on the road. Police is not yet there and the angry mob starts forming around you...might not be so easy to just stand there.

Totally agree, but if you have the top insurance just lock all the doors and call your insurance company and wait until they arrive and clean up the mess.

Don't even try to get out of the car and try to calm down a Thai mob who is ready to punish the falang driver who always is wrong in all accidents in Thailand.

Where do you get all this from ,in 24 years i have seen many accidents involving Thai and foreigners ,i have been involved in one ,i never ever saw an "angry mob" shouting and fighting ,i have seen crowds gather to gawp ,but that happens in the UK , usually it gets sorted and the police just mark our the accident ,so much scaremongering , its like reading the comments pages in the daily mail whenever Thailand and how danderous it is ,come up/

• Like 2

Typically a mob of angry Thais would assault and kick a persons head in after an accident so maybe she did the smart thing?

Where do you get all this from ,in 24 years i have seen many accidents involving Thai and foreigners ,i have been involved in one ,i never ever saw an "angry mob" shouting and fighting ,i have seen crowds gather to gawp ,but that happens in the UK , usually it gets sorted and the police just mark our the accident ,so much scaremongering , its like reading the comments pages in the daily mail whenever Thailand and how danderous it is ,come up/

You missed the report, where the lady did stay at the scene of the original accident and why she decided to run for her life.

She was afraid because the other party was irate over the fender bender. She was waiting patiently for the police and stayed inside her car.

The crowd got agitated by the guy yelling and began to force her out of her car before the police got there. She took off and was going to the Pattaya Police Station but was chased.

A bad decision in a frantic moment had her turning the wrong way on Sukhunvit.

The Police had to hold back the second mob when she was stopped.

If the police hadn't been there she probably would be beaten to death.

If she was
rushing "to the police station ,why did the police who were following her have to shoot out her tyres ,did she think they were some of the mob dressed as policemen? get real and if she turned the wrong way on sukhumvit ,would it not have been wise to stop immediatly ,not rush against the traffic ramming cars an a bus ,twice ,then flee back the way you came ,

I am not speculating about this just using common sense .,she is obviously not well ,also taking medication it is stated

Edited by i claudius

American woman gets fast and furious in Pattaya

n6Crazy.jpg

An American English teacher took police on a fast and furious pursuit through Pattaya, damaging 13 vehicles and injuring two people before police shot out the tires of her Toyota.

Identified only as Samantha, the 29-year-old woman caused 300,000 baht damage with her 30-minute drive against traffic April 5. She was charged with reckless driving and damaging private property and was released on 150,000 baht bail.

The ordeal began when Samantha drove her white Toyota Innova the wrong way on Soi Siam Country Club before turning, again in the wrong lane, onto the railway-parallel road. She then pulled onto Sukhumvit Road and continued to South Pattaya.

The American, employed with a work permit as an English teacher and living in a rental room near Mabprachan Reservoir, has been in Thailand for only two months. The United States drives on the right-hand side of the road.

Samantha, who police said was on medication for mental problems, became distressed after clipping a motorbike on Soi Siam Country Club, then sped away, apparently fearing arrest or mob violence. She barreled through stopped cars at stop lights and hit both moving and parked buses, cars and trucks.

Two people, including 22-year-old Duangkamol Tetsin, sustained minor injuries as people dived and swept away children from the path of the swerving vehicle. Duangkamol sustained a slight leg injury.

Police eventually shot out three of the Toyota’s tires to stop the woman, who then refused to get out of the vehicle. Officers broke a front window to remove her from the car.

Once detained, she had to be whisked away to the Pattaya police station, as an angry mob of damaged-car owners surrounded her. She initially refused to answer any questions from authorities, but relented to questioning after calming down.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/american-woman-gets-fast-and-furious-in-pattaya-46143#sthash.muCqibdl.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-04-10 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

And there you have it ,she should not really be over here teaching children for a start if she has mental health problems ,better she goes home and gets treated before she eitherkills someone or herself and to be honest after seeing the way she drove hitting those cars and the bus she certainly should not be behind the wheel of a car.

• Like 1