Armed robbery at Phuket massage parlour

webfact

Breaking News: Armed robbery at Phuket massage parlour
Darawan Naknakhon

1428251533_1-org.jpg
The two who entered the premises were caught on CCTV footage.

PHUKET: Police are currently searching for five men who were involved in the armed robbery of a Phuket massage Sunday night.

Police have stated that there were five men involved in the robbery. Two wearing motorcycle helmets, and one carrying a gun, walked in the shop and threatened all the workers in that parlour. The others were waiting outside. One was seen on CCTV camera holding a gun.

It is believed the robbers got away with around 400,000 Baht in cash. They left the scene on a motorcycle.

Police are currently searching for those involved.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/breaking-news-armed-robbery-at-phuket-massage-parlour-51743.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-06

I had no idea that massage was so profitable.
At 300 baht per massage, that's well over 1,000 massages.
Is that in a day or two? Or don't they go to the bank?

I wonder where this big profitable massage parlor is?

You'd think they'd at least tell you THAT.

• Like 1

"They left the scene on a motorcycle"

I know it is a fairly common sight to see 5 people on a motorcycle, but with two of them wearing full facial helmets?

Dead give away.

They should be in custody soon.........................wink.png

I had no idea that massage was so profitable.

At 300 baht per massage, that's well over 1,000 massages.

Is that in a day or two? Or don't they go to the bank?

I wonder where this big profitable massage parlor is?

You'd think they'd at least tell you THAT.

What makes you think any successful business in LOS takes all, or even the majority of it's money to the bank? BTW a word to the newbies. "Massage is not always just Massage in Phuket, or other Thai tourist hot spots. Some people would say that business is great now, and they made all that in the 4 days since Martial Law ended. 555

Edited by The Deerhunter

Phuket armed robbery unfolds in front of tourists

Phuket – Two armed suspects fled with 500,000 baht following a robbery in front of 10 Chinese tourists who were waiting for massage services at a spa, provincial police said yesterday.

Police suspect the robbery to be an insider’s job and are trying to track down the two suspects and a driver for getaway motorcycle.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/815195-phuket-armed-robbery-unfolds-in-front-of-tourists/

the sign out front of th establishment may advertise massage but i suspect its not a 200 baht a hour establishment as normally springs to mind. if the dalily take was 400k the police search for them. may be the least worries the 5 suspects have

According to another news site, this was a spa on the Chinese tour bus circuit and it was payday. Definitely an inside job.

How many staff did they have ? 10 customers, so maybe 15 staff, paid every 2 weeks. Pay roll not even close to the amount (claimed) stolen.

Interesting situation . Was the business protected and by whom or was it a ploy to make the owners aware of the wisdom investing in insurance from a particular source . If it was protected then the fools who did the job have a bigger problem than how to spend the spoils.