South Korea bans Thai charter flights, affecting 10,000 passengers

webfact

South Korea bans Thai charter flights, affecting 10,000 passengers

3-4-2558-16-02-06-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- South Korea is banning charter flights from Thai airlines after Thai negotiation team failed to convince Korean civil aviation authorities in the first-round talk.

Civil Aviation Department director general Somchai Piputwat disclosed that Thai civil aviation team flew to South Korean on April 2 to talk to the Korean authorities on the international Civil Aviation Organisation’s safety concern on charter flights operated by by Thai airlines.

However the team failed to convince the Korean civil aviation authorities to ease flight restriction on Thai airlines after the ICAO voiced safety concern.

This would result in charter flights from Thai airlines banned to fly into South Korea beginning in April, he said.

He said three Thai airlines will be affected and were unable to fly into South Korea.

He said about 10,000 passengers who are scheduled to fly to South Korea, and to leave in April will be affected.

However, he said, although South Korea will ban charter flights from Thai airlines, regular flights will continue as usual but increasing flights won’t be permitted.

Mr Somchai said despite of the ban, South Korean civil aviation authorities understand the problem that Thailand is facing and Thailand will continue to talk to the Koreans same as it has earlier reached understanding with Japan.

Transport Minister ACM Prajin Juntong is scheduled to report the issue yontge public on Tuesday.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/south-korea-bans-thai-charter-flights-affecting-10000-passengers

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-04-06

But, but, but what about the Bringing back Happiness to Thai program? How can you Koreans do this to Thailand? What don't you understand about what we are doing??? Have you no HEART? Think of all the Kimchi you could have sold. Think of all the wet T-shirts photos your Korean tourists to Thailand would not be able to take. Truely a shame...whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1SW1

Edited by toybits
  • Like 1

DCA must begun to use ICAO regulation, start inspection of all Korean carriers landing in Thailand, I'm sure they'll found that some problem

Wouldn't that start a trade war? I believe Korea has a lot more invested in Thailand - Samsung and KIA for instance. Thailand seems to be the more vulnerable player on the court.

DCA must begun to use ICAO regulation, start inspection of all Korean carriers landing in Thailand, I'm sure they'll found that some problem

And cause a drop in the all-important tourist arrival figures?
  • Like 1

I'm really interested to know, what safety measures the Thai planes do not implement.

There must be something really wrong that the Japanese and now the Koreans don't like.

I started thinking if I should ever fly again on Thai planes.

Anybody can help here?

Costas, I'm sure that Thai airlines are operated just as well as Thai railroads, Thai tour buses, Thai highways, and Thai bar fights.

Cheers

ha ha ha ...but there is truth in what you say.

Makes you wonder if somewhere in the corridors of power some form of retaliation is being planned rather than thinking about putting the problem right.

Loss of face and Thainess likely to kick in.

One immigration officer assigned to each flight landed from South Korea.

• Like 2

And cause a drop in the all-important tourist arrival figures?

It's just international regulation, when a foreign carriers landing in airport, it must be face to control by aviation authorities of the destination country.....

In June 2014, French DGAC blocked a thai carriers (JetAsia) in CDG for one month due to lack of maintenance documentation...

2013 to 2014 EASA inform ICAO about some problem in lack of maintenance of Korean Air A380........

Edited by than

This post is parody, right?

ICAO blame Thailand about safety means It's time to correct this......

I'm really interested to know, what safety measures the Thai planes do not implement.

There must be something really wrong that the Japanese and now the Koreans don't like.

I started thinking if I should ever fly again on Thai planes.

Anybody can help here?

Not so much point taking the piss out of the Thais but more important to concentrate on the real cause of the problem.

It's not so much what they do not do but what they do do and how they do it.

Skimping and saving on quality is essential, of course.

However when it comes to international acceptance of slack regimes and poor practice, fake parts etc, it's just not on.

A fake part or slack maintenance, for example, for a car, might kill a few people but a fake part or poor maintenance on antiaircraft has the potential to kills hundreds.

Edited by Johnnie99
  • Like 1

South Korea is banning charter flights from Thai airlines after Thai negotiation team failed to convince Korean civil aviation authorities in the first-round talk.

I wonder now if the Thais will accept the blame and find a solution or will this be more of the same ... blame everyone else because Thailand is superior.

Will they ever learn?

• Like 1

According to the BP article on this earlier today a source at the transport ministry says that Thailand might now ban two korean airlines from flying into Thailand as they are in contravention of a bilateral agreement.