Thai adults finishing M6

Hi all,

Is it possible for Thai adults who are studying to finish their high school diploma (M6) to take a year break, a year out?

my GF says "Can not" and if she does she would have to restart again from M4. Does not sound right to me, is this the case?

Should nt it be that if she takes a year out she can return and then go back as she was and finish the remaining year which is M6?

Thanks in advance.

I am not sure, but they do have some weird rules. We had a Prathom student who left the school and moved to Finland -- which has one of the highest ranked educational systems in the world. She returned and was told she had to go back a year. Her time in the Finnish school system counted for nothing....nada.

Sadly, she was one of the best students in her class in Thailand, so there is virtually nothing that she couldn't catch up on easily. She might have had to do some work on her Thai language after a year away from it, but that would have been about it.

• 3 weeks later...

No problem. Almost every amphur will have a scheme like this. They can study the books at home and only go in on test days. I think you have to do the entire block of either M1-M3 or M4-M6 (if they already have their M3 Cert.)

Many, many people do it. It is free. I think it takes two years to do both blocks.

My misses just finished, two years for M1-M3, then another two years for M4-M6.

I think they have to complete each block in a straight run no breaks.

She starts university next month.

@Grumpy definitely four years for the 6 years of missed schooling.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

More info.

It is called Kor San Oor. (Thai abbreviation of Study by yourself/Self Study).

Every Amphur has it. They are named after the Amphur. For example Kor San Oor Don Mueang. Kor San Oor Bang Khen, etc.

Not to call your GF liar for saying that she doesn't know of something like that, but a Thai not knowing about it is inconceivable.

My misses just finished, two years for M1-M3, then another two years for M4-M6.

I think they have to complete each block in a straight run no breaks.

She starts university next month.

@Grumpy definitely four years for the 6 years of missed schooling.

Yup. 2 years for the M3 Cert, then 2 years for the M6 Cert.